Sign in to follow this  
gumpy

Changing sounds in WOV help

I'm trying to change the sound in the loadout screen section of the game and keep getting the same sound I hear in the Hangar screen.If I remember right there was something I have to do besides changing the entry in the the loadout screen ini file but, for the life of me I can't remember what it was.Any help would be appreciated.

put the sound in the /Flight folder? (named as loading.wav)

put the sound in the /Flight folder? (named as loading.wav)

I'm not talking about the loading.wav file for the loading screen Wrench Ive already successfully changed that.I'm talking about the loadout screen and the loadout screen wav file where you can arm your plane and chose different skins.There is a way to separate the loudout wav file from what you hear in the Hangar screen the Hangar screen wav file.I know there's a way because Ive done it before I just can't remember what it was.

Ah! I see now!

we have different ones we use in our WW2 installs... so let me se....

in the /Menu folder, (must use the 3W names) all, obviousl are .wav

AwardMedal

HangarRadio1

DebriefSuccess

DebriefFail

DebriefKilled

OptionsScreen

MainScreen

SingleMission

what I don't remember are the 'specs' (smaple rate, mono/stero?, etc)

hope that helps!

You have to change; MenuItem059=HangarNoise In the Loadoutscreen.ini to point to a sound.ini, The Hangarscreen.ini and the Loadoutscreen.ini both point to HANGARNOISE.ini , You have to create a .ini for the new sound/sounds And change MenuItem059=Yournewsound.ini, Just extract the HangarNoise.ini, Hack it upand rename it. If it don't work I'm forgetting something.

Raven

The "BackgroundLoop" go's in the Menu folder. Any other .wav files go in the sound folder.

Edited by RAVEN

Justed checked my old data and for a single sound: BackgroundMusic=Your.wav, and get rid of "MenuItem059=HangarNoise" In the Loadoutscreen.ini

MenuItem056=SupplyTextArea

MenuItem057=DateText

MenuItem058=LoadoutScreenTitle

MenuItem059=HangarNoise <-----------------------------------------

MenuItem060=InvoiceImage

MenuItem061=InvoiceTextArea

MenuItem062=InvoiceTitle

MenuCodeDLL=LoadoutScreen.dll

RememberMenu=TRUE

DefaultSelection=-1

MouseAnimation=MouseAnimation

BackgroundMusic= <--------------------------------------------

This didn't work right, If i remember right. The other way worked,but you have to change the #include "HangarNoise.ini" Statement also

to your new ini. I lost a lot of this data when my old computer died

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

I finally remembered what it was I was missing and I'm not sure if it's still available here or not, The WOV Menu Music mod by Brennus from 2007.Somehow this mod splits the loudout screen from the hanger screen and lets you have a different wav file for each one of them.I rummaged through about 2000 files before I finaly found it in one of my externals.Thanks anyway guys and I still think there is a way to do this manually, I just can't remember what it was.