Sign in to follow this  
Stingray72

FSX help question

Hi guys!!

I tried to install a version of FSX that I found on Pirate Bay but it sucked and I deleted the folders that showed up when I installed it. I bought FSX today at the store and can't install it because the game is still showing up in my registry (I think).

When I go to the standard install/uninstall page FSX shows up, however it will not let me delete it from there because I had deleted the folders.

How do I get rid of it so I can install my honest copy of FSX??

~Rob

You may have to go rooting around in the Registry as it will leave its mark there...

Right, that's what I was asking, how do I do that lol? I have never been in my registry, in fact, I don't even know how to access it. Is there a tutorial on here or something? Or can someone give me a quick lesson in Windows ......

~Rob

Try this.....

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Description....

This tool will repair your FSX or FS9 registry so that the path is valid. Many times certain applications use this path. If it is invalid, some programs may not work.

If that doesn't work run CCleaner, it has a registry cleaner and it's free, I have it installed and use it with no problems.

Word of advice, I would stay away from Pirate Bay, no telling what you get along with your "free" download. Besides that, it's the reason that

A) software prices keep going because the devs can't get a return on their work

B) it's the reason some devs have closed shop

rgr. got that now, like I said, bought at Honest copy at Fred Meyer lol. I will be getting ti fixed soon. It is a reg issue, past my kowledge, so it is gonna be dumped off Weds to be ffixed by FRi.

Thanks!

~Rob