Sign in to follow this  

For a long time my SFP1, patched to October '08, wouldn't work with the weapons editor. Whenever I opened the weapons editor, it would work. When I hit Open to access the data file, it closed. After fiddling with all manner of compatibility settings and such, I finally got it to open fully, either when opened from a WinRar or System. I read that fix was for Vista/7, but it worked on my XP...? Of course, after I save the changes I make, there are no weapons in the game... I tried searching the forum and found nothing that helped my situation, but if I missed something just post a link. I have have the exact same problem with WOV.

You have to set the Weapons Editor as XP Compatability in Windows 7/Vista for it to work.

You have to set the Weapons Editor as XP Compatability in Windows 7/Vista for it to work.

I guess I wasn't clear, my computer is XP. I read a thread that said that people with 7/Vista have to put it in System for it to work. I figured I might as well try it, and whaddayaknow, it worked. BUT it still doesn't work in the game, all the weapons have simply disappeared from the hanger menu. I also have no idea why my XP computer needed the thing that Vista and Windows 7 needed, but oh well.