Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

Adding CGR/LGR to a TLR or TER? (need Weapons Rack)

Hi all, as my last, final adjustment I'm trying to make Brimstone missile more realistic in-game. Currently they're GPS guided which is poop for moving targets (what they were designed for) so I've made 2 new types, a radar guided CGR and a laser guided LGR which both work well in-game but I can't find a way of getting more than 1 per station and they won't use either TLR or TER weapons racks. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

If it's not possible to rack LGR/CGR then I've make a IIR version pretends to be the Laser version (already trialled and works) but the large IIR screen it brings up ruins the GPS/Radar version so I'd prefer not to do that if possible.

Cheers!......................................................IanH.

When you load them, are you trying to select them as a trio from the weapons drop down menu or are you loading them as a trio from the loadout.ini?

Ian,

I have this issue with my Longbow Apache. Unfortunately, there is no rack for a CGR however you can use ATR for both LGRs and WGRs. The drawbacks are that LGRs will still bring up the TV screen and (a major one in my opinion) that they're no longer fire and forget.

In my opinion, you have two options:

1. Only use them on stationary targets, or

2. Make them IIR or TV guided. (yes, brings up the TV screen)

A compromise, but both of these achieve the fire and forget capability.

Dels

Cheers Guys, I was just trying through the Loadout screen in-game after editing the weapon-data.ini's.

Dels - Cheers for the ATR idea, now I'm just having issues changing the TLR Brimstone3pack into an ATR. I guess it's not as simple as changing it to WeaponsRackType=ATR in the data.ini as that isn't doing anything.

**********EDIT************

I guess it is that simple, only I forgot to change the LGR Brimstones to Laser Guided (left them at CGR!) All sorted now, running 3 Laser Brimstones on the 3PAck just like real life, I'll probably go with IIR for the "MMW Radar" version although I'll try a few others too and see what I get!

Edited by ianh755