Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Deleting the .bdp files in OFF?

33Lima's post about his work with AI gunners reminded me. He mentioned it but before I crash OFF out I will double-check.

I make little tweaks and mods for my own use.

In my latest I am making an AA mod using Bletchley's "noise" settings (by year) and his AA damage mod.

Question: If a making a change to a .xdp file, for the change to take effect, do I then need to delete the corresponding .bdp file?

If I do a mass search and delete of all .bdp files in my OFF directory OFF then recreates them from the .xdp files on start-up? I don't want to ruin my installation?

Yes you do, just reminded myself of the fact when I forgot to do so just now and found the 'old' settings were still in effect, then remembered I had forgot to delete the .bdp's; deleted them, and the change took effect & new .bdps were generated.

Yes you do, just reminded myself of the fact when I forgot to do so just now and found the 'old' settings were still in effect, then remembered I had forgot to delete the .bdp's; deleted them, and the change took effect & new .bdps were generated.

Excellent! Thanks...