Sign in to follow this  
meade95

Does AI often fire SAHM or Active Missiles?

I have yet to see the enemy AI fire a SAHM or active missle at me? I've been playtesting Vs Mig-31 over and over....and continually I close in until it will only fire IR once in range? The Mig-31 is outfitted with both 2IR and 4 SAHM. Pilot set to "average" skill....

Just curious if this has just been a few coincidences ....as coming from Janes F-18, I'm certain I would have been painted and lit up by now ...

It might have something to do with what the enemy skill level is set at. If it is set at easy or normal try changing it to hard, this will definitely make the AI aircraft more aggresive and a plane like the MIG-31 should definitely employ SAHM and AHM weapons. Also if you are carrying capable ECM equipment in your aircraft this will make it hard for an AI aircraft to target you with radar weapons, especially from long range. Not sure if this will do the trick or not, but it definitely has worked for me over the years.

Good luck

What year are you flying? what aircraft? which mig-31? what weapons pack are you using?

Remember what i mentioned before - when you get beyond the era the stock game focuses on, you need to be careful about what 3rd party addons you use. Combining different aircraft and weapons can result in an unbalanced game.

Malibu43 - I suspect you're correct - I likely had my dates conflicting with the aircraft.

I've since taken more time to make sure all is lined up right....and I'm not seeing SAHM and AHM being fired!

Well, I don't have MiG-31 installed, so I can't test anything out for you. But, assuming you have the necessary weapons installed, they are loading out on the plance correctly, and you aren't jamming with some super-ECM, the next thing to look at would be the *_avionics.ini and *_data.ini files for the aircraft. I seem to remember a while back (as in years, not months) some updates being released for the MiG-25 and MiG-31 that improved the radar strength.

That could be the problem - the AI are simply not able to lock you up with the radar. If you fly the MiG-31, are you able to lock up and engage blue aircraft?

And again, if you post exactly which MiG-31 download you're using, it will help us help you better!

My fault (in my last reply). You were correct. I meant to say, after taking more care...and lining my dates up correctly.....the AI Mig 29 and 31s ARE firing their weapons correctly and more aggressively now......Thanks for the hellp!

My fault (in my last reply). You were correct. I meant to say, after taking more care...and lining my dates up correctly.....the AI Mig 29 and 31s ARE firing their weapons correctly and more aggressively now......Thanks for the hellp!

:good: