Sign in to follow this  
logan4

SF2 DLC Hunter F.58 Swiss Air Force

...but still a company

and, hopefully, we're not in a bad company :grin:

• Like 1

I think TK might be getting the impression some are expecting DCS: F-14 or LOMAC 3 or something. He's rightfully going to try and temper those expectations. However, I do think he's going to have added more major stuff to this release than any single release since (discounting FE) WOV when he added carrier ops. I'm sure it will still feel like SF2, but perhaps after all this time it will be more like SF2.5.

If you remember the Unreal 2 and 2.5 engines, there wasn't a huge difference in the games made on them, it was subtle under-the-hood stuff that allowed better visuals to a small extent. I think that's what TK is doing here, something that on the surface will appear no different from any previous SF2x release, but as we use it and dig around we'll see lots of changes that may or may not affect the mods. :grin:

my bet's on "may affect", but more than 100% backward-compatibility (which never existed in the series) I'm willing to see some gameply improvements. Gameplay is the key word.