Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

Request - Paveway III series updated model

Great work Ravenclaw. Was wondering if you had plans of adding the AGM-123 Skipper II to the arsenal. The current example could use some Ravenclaw love!:drinks:

yap i will add it , could i ask a favor could you look if you find a picture that shows the rocket part from the rear the picture i have is not that good and show no detail

Doh, the Mk78 name confused me there - Here's the back of a AGM-45 but there's not much detail TBH (middle missile)

AGM-88_AGM-45_and_AGM-65_rear_view.jpg

Bottom Left in white - again not much use I'm afraid, people just don't want to take pics on the rear of missiles/bombs etc.

DCP00495%20AGM-88%20HARM%20l.jpg

Edited by ianh755

Real good pics of this thing are hard to find....but the Shrike motor pics should do. Thanks, Ravenclaw you are the man!:drinks:

Ravenclaw - Something I noticed with the PW4_Beta bomb, the diameter needs changing in the data.ini file to

Diameter=0.33200

as the original Diameter=0.27000 is perfect for the normal GBU-12 but doesn't include the extra height of the databus/fuzing cables that run on the top on a PW4 meaning that the suspension lugs get modelled about 3-4in into the pylon.

The above Diameter just shows the bottom of the suspension lugs as IRL.

I gave the Skipper II a run about earlier too and again it's a work of art!

Edited by ianh755

Ravenclaw - Something I noticed with the PW4_Beta bomb, the diameter needs changing in the data.ini file to

Diameter=0.33200

as the original Diameter=0.27000 is perfect for the normal GBU-12 but doesn't include the extra height of the databus/fuzing cables that run on the top on a PW4 meaning that the suspension lugs get modelled about 3-4in into the pylon.

The above Diameter just shows the bottom of the suspension lugs as IRL.

I gave the Skipper II a run about earlier too and again it's a work of art!

Thanks :drinks: , the diameter for the paveway4 is 0.314 on the 3D model , to the bottom of the lugs

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Cheers altered mine to 0.314, the 0.332 shows a bit too much lug in comparison (something the Tornado pack suffered from too - I like seeing Lug! :yikes: )

One question guys...GBU-24 is the same as GBU-27 right?

Just the warhead is different in that the 27 is a bunker penetrator and the 24 is a regular kick ass GBU?

GBU-24 USES A MK84 BOMB WHEREAS THE GBU-27 USES THE BLU-109 PENETRATOR BOMB AND DIFFERENT FINS but lots of gbu-24 versions. Sorry for the caps!

Paveway series in great depth - http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Paveway

Edited by ianh755

OK to cut the story short, can I use any of the released models as GBU-24 lol

Yes but thats cheating! :yikes:

The awesome GBU-27 model Revenclaw did can be a substitute for the GBU-24A/B (USAF) and GBU-24B/B (USN) or UK Paveway III (GBU-24(V)2/B - 4/B - 8B) but the fins are slightly different although TBH how many people will notice when they'll be to busy admiring the the bomb in the 1st place!

or you just wait antil i´m done with the skin the model and the mapping is finish i just did not have any time to make the skins :grin:

GBU-27 is the BLU-109 with the fin-assembly of the GBU-10 and the seeker of the GBU-24 with short fins for use on the F-117 to fit in to the bay

GBU-24 uses the MK-84 , BLU-116 and BLU-109 warheads

GBU-27 seeker-assembly with short fins

GBU-24 Seeker assembly with large fins

Edited by ravenclaw_007

will wait, wasn't sure you'll do them but was a bit shy to ask for more after all this godness :good:

i will rework almost all of the GBU´s but it is not a major project for me i just do it to relax from the other projects i´m working on , so it will take some time antil all bombs are done :grin:

GBU-27/B

The large fins of the GBU-24/B series weapons don't fit into the bomb bay of the F-117 Nighthawk, and therefore the US Air Force developed the GBU-27/B, a specially configured 2000 lb class Paveway III for use by the F-117. The primary difference from the GBU-24/B is that the GBU-27/B uses a Paveway II-type airfoil group, and slightly more compact suspension logs. When fitted with GPS/INS-enabled WGU-39A/B GCUs, the GBU-27/B LGBs are informally referred to as EGBU-27. The GBU-27/B entered service in 1987, and about 3200 rounds have been produced.

GBU-27A/B

Designation for BLU-109/B bomb fitted with Paveway III guidance kit and fitted with WGU-39A/B CCG.

GBU-27B/B

Designation for BLU-116/B bomb fitted with Paveway III guidance kit and fitted with WGU-39A/B CCG.

Hope this helps!:good:

here are the GBU-24 for testing they are still beta

based on the info i have the paveway-III wing assembly has almost the doppel the lift as the paveway-II so i increase the lift-drag ratio to 6 , if it is not enough let me know and i will change it

• Like 1