Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Research Question

Gents:

I'm working on a research project that (finally) makes use of our World War I pilots. I'm currently rounding up source material for the project and I'm wondering if anyone has a digital version of with Mick Mannock's personal diary or James McCudden's book Flying Fury? If you do, please contact me. I don't know how I can compensate you, other than with my thanks and immense gratitude as I try to give these men the notoriety and place in history they so richly deserve.

Sorry Soppy, I am not aware of any electronic versions of either of these classic works, unless you feel like paying seven quid apiece from Kindle. I have McCudden's 'Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps' (i.e. 'Flying Fury'), on my own shelves and would be happy to reference it for you, but I don't imagine that would aid you much. I don't have Mannock's personal diary, (yet), but I do have Oughton's wonderful book, 'Ace With One Eye', which again I could reference for you. Wish I could be of more help Sir.

I've got a couple of books in Adobe Acrobat format. I hope you have them and I'll make them available if you would like:

The Red Battle Flyer by Captain Manfred von Richthofen

Heroes of Aviation by Laurence La Tourette Driggs

Figthing the Flying Circus by Capt Edward V. Rickenbacker

Marine Flyer in France Nov 1917-Jan 1918 by Capt Alfred A Cunningham

Edited by NS13Jarhead

There are also the five WWI aviation book set downloads I put together and placed in the OFF Downloads section:

WWI Aviation Book Sets

Might be something there of interest to you CaptSopwith.