A-10A_Early_HUD_v1_SF2E

This mod replaces the stock HUDs in the TW SF2E A-10A's with the early HUD displays

for 70's era A-10 avionics.

Thanks Crusader for the mod. :cool:

I have a question though. Which year was the HUD avionics in the A-10 upgraded that resembles the default HUD in SF2E or WOE? I tried to look for information on this but not successful.

The default HUD is the LASTE variant, which was introduced right after the Gulf War in 1991.

The default HUD is the LASTE variant, which was introduced right after the Gulf War in 1991.

Thanks very much for the info Crusader. Any idea how the pre-LASTE A-10 variant bomb their targets with the dumb bombs since it doesn't have the CCIP function?

By flying planned parameters using the depressed sight... just like with early F-4's and many other aircraft

The A-10 was planned as a relatively cheap tank killer, relying on Maverick missiles and the big gun

with fast bullets = flat bullet trajectory = easy to hit with it

Bombing tanks, troops etc would have been done with CBU's which make good part of the aim error of manual

bombing

To make flying planned parameters easier the whole HUD symbology depressed together with the gunsight, keeping

airspeed - pipper - altitude all in one line = making it easy to read

I couldnt do that in my mod due to game limitations, but I claim that it "looks OK" :grin:

Thanks for the replies man. It is really informative :smile:

like it! Thanks Crusader! And thanks for informative post above :good:

I was listening to the Level Hell podcast interview of John "Karl" Marks a USAF A-10 Desert Storm vet and he stated that at that stage there was no symbology on the HUD to show where the Maverick seeker was pointing once it had been slewed off the HUD boresight onto a target. To me this translated into removing the Maverick EO TD symbol from the HUD