Hi there!!! Does someone know how to add objects to a terrain_type.ini file? Adding an object in the types.ini, enables me to succefully populate target areas!!!

Thanks!!!!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

it is very easy. As cocas said.

check one file and you will understand it....

you must edit the *types.ini and the *targets.ini of that terrain.

And you have to use of course the right coordinates. :grin:

Edited by Soulfreak

copy and paste maybe??? :lol: hell, that's how I do it, then simply do the renaming of the needed/wanted/desired object

copy and paste maybe??? :lol: hell, that's how I do it, then simply do the renaming of the needed/wanted/desired object

Thanks for your reply!!! My question is, with what information should I fill in the spaces:

This entry is for generic AAA:

[TargetType059]

Name=AAA

FullName=AAA

TargetType=AAA

UseGroundObject=TRUE

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=50

RepairRate=3.22

StartDetectChance=50

StartIdentifiedChance=10

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryChance=100

The following is what I want to add. It's a M-55 Quad gun. I took the entries for Name=; FullName=; TargetType=; ActiveYear=; GroundObjectType=; from the terrain.ini and terrain_DATA.ini files. The M-55 Quad does not appear.

IN THE TYPES.INI FILE:

[TargetType193]

Name=M55_Quad

FullName=M55 AAA

TargetType=M55_Quad

ActiveYear=1943

TargetValue=50

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=M55_Quad

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect

DestroyedModel=Truck_DESTROYED.LOD

SecondaryChance=100

IN THE TARGET.INI FILE:

Target[017].Type=M55_quad

Target[017].Offset=-171.948,292.170

Target[017].Heading=90

Thanks for your time!!!!!!

The "Name=" sectin can be anything you want it to be. Keep it simple, keep it easy. Don't forget, that US units usually use a hyphenated name (ie: M-55 Quad, M-35A Truck, M-113 APC). It's the "FullName=" that shows in target view.

Always leave AAA as generic, unless its 100% (or better) historically known accuratly, that said unit was in said position on said date. Let the game populate them randomaly.

The Game Engine ™ has some exceedingly, overriding, powerful issues with 'directly called' AD units in the _targets.ini (this includes EWRs, SAM launchers, SAM radars, etc.) They will not show on RWR (either vector or TEWS,), or show in such a random fashion as the render the RWR almost useless. Or just not show up at all. This become mostly apparent with Blue Side/NATO units, as the game really don't quite know what to do with them. (was never designed for Blue SAMs, but we've made them work)

OTH, for Soviet/WarPac units that are networked via a SON-9 Firecan or other gun-laying radar -and there's a s**tload of them, all set up and downloadable all over the place-, they should be set up in batteries surrounding the radar unit. Extensive study of Soviet Air Defence doctrine would be advisable here.

remember, as a Terraformer, you're not just building cities and roads, you have to have all the accurate data for each and every one of the target areas being created.

The "Name=" sectin can be anything you want it to be. Keep it simple, keep it easy. Don't forget, that US units usually use a hyphenated name (ie: M-55 Quad, M-35A Truck, M-113 APC). It's the "FullName=" that shows in target view.

Always leave AAA as generic, unless its 100% (or better) historically known accuratly, that said unit was in said position on said date. Let the game populate them randomaly.

The Game Engine ™ has some exceedingly, overriding, powerful issues with 'directly called' AD units in the _targets.ini (this includes EWRs, SAM launchers, SAM radars, etc.) They will not show on RWR (either vector or TEWS,), or show in such a random fashion as the render the RWR almost useless. Or just not show up at all. This become mostly apparent with Blue Side/NATO units, as the game really don't quite know what to do with them. (was never designed for Blue SAMs, but we've made them work)

OTH, for Soviet/WarPac units that are networked via a SON-9 Firecan or other gun-laying radar -and there's a s**tload of them, all set up and downloadable all over the place-, they should be set up in batteries surrounding the radar unit. Extensive study of Soviet Air Defence doctrine would be advisable here.

remember, as a Terraformer, you're not just building cities and roads, you have to have all the accurate data for each and every one of the target areas being created.

I was wondering If I could have NATO and blue side air defences as goos as soviet ones, with artillery, PATRIOT and HAWK missiles. It's a pitty we cannot. As you said, I'll let the gamepopulate the areas randomly. Thanks for your time!!!!

Lemme straighten that out .... you can have whatever you want on the map ... there are just limitation as to how the engine populates.

I would seriously suggest stopping work on whatever you're doing, and study, play, examine, take apart, etc, pretty much all of the last 4 or 5 of my terrain mods. Use the WoVSQMD to study layouts (it'll give you an idea, albeit without proper reference as to 'on the tile placements', but a good general idea nonetheless as how things work).

This is the single hardest thing in the SF World that can/is attempted by anyone -- proper, accurate terrain/target creation. That's why there's "a hands worth" of people doing it out of all the other modders and types of mods out there. It requires an attention to detail that crosses the border into OCD. Not everyone has this required ability ... as some really s**tty terrain mods in the past has shown.

and keep a loaded firearm nearby ... it might come in handy at some point (as everyone that's ever attempted this will atest to).

:suicide:

• Like 1

Lemme straighten that out .... you can have whatever you want on the map ... there are just limitation as to how the engine populates.

I would seriously suggest stopping work on whatever you're doing, and study, play, examine, take apart, etc, pretty much all of the last 4 or 5 of my terrain mods. Use the WoVSQMD to study layouts (it'll give you an idea, albeit without proper reference as to 'on the tile placements', but a good general idea nonetheless as how things work).

This is the single hardest thing in the SF World that can/is attempted by anyone -- proper, accurate terrain/target creation. That's why there's "a hands worth" of people doing it out of all the other modders and types of mods out there. It requires an attention to detail that crosses the border into OCD. Not everyone has this required ability ... as some really s**tty terrain mods in the past has shown.

and keep a loaded firearm nearby ... it might come in handy at some point (as everyone that's ever attempted this will atest to).

:suicide:

Hi Wrench, I really appreciate your time and dedication to explain to this newbie how things work. Thanks a lot!!! Sometimes, when something doesn't work, I want to throw everything to hell. This community has always beeen helpfull!!!! I'll do as you say, and study a bit more in detail how a terrain is formed, its .ini, and the SFP1 world.

Kind regards,

Ignacioc91