Is it possibly to have a squadron with a choice of aircraft? Without buying money? Without upgrading? You can still switch a given selection planes?

Like one squadron may have F-5e's, F-4e's, F-8j's, KfirC7's, A-4'F's, and UH-1 Helo's?

I personally think this option will make the game play for a mission much more funner and allow the player to go on a mix of missions. And if we succeed with this coding, we could apply it to the enemy as well.

And after a while, your squadron mates may pic a personal jet + paint scheme for theirselves? Should spice up the merc campaigns but apply elsewhere to,

Knowing that some planes have this in the line for day and light missions.

AircraftCapability=DAY_AND_NIGHT

And use it for this line in Campaign_Data.

AircraftType=F-100d

AircraftType=F-100d_AND_F-5E_AND_F-8J_AND_F-4e_AND_KfirC7_AND_A-4F_Super_Fox

And another example

AircraftType=F-14A_AND_F-5E_AND_A-7C_MF_AND_A-4F_Super_Fox

I haven't tested this yet, And I'm going to try t out. Please respond if your interested.

I haven't thought about it, but it seems to be a great idea. The problem is that I don't think the game engine is designed to do such thing. You don't loose anything because of trying. It would be nice too to have missions being created in-game. For example, have a CAS mission and have a controller ordering you go here and there. Good luck!!!

don't think that'll work at all. 99.9999% of listing can only use a single aircraft type (in other words, never seen that since 2003!)

best advice: study/examine existing campaign data ini, both stock and 3rd party

Ouch!

WW-2: The US Navy and perhaps the Marine Corps had what I believe where "composite" squadrons. They would be VC-##. A different way to have a Det of VF,VS,VB,VT and what else commanded by what again.

Korea: Similar but updated for the airframe/ weapons platform

South East Asia: I think USAF groups flying COIN missions had different planes in the same squadron. A-1E, A-1J, A-1H, A-1J, A-1H, A-1G, T-28D, A-26, AC-47, and maybe a C-123 Attack platform.

In my life there where a few VC squdrons that had a mix of like A-4s and H-3s, and I bet the aggresor squadrons had a mix too.

An early cold war mix for A-1s was the Navy AD-5s would deploy in dets and either be atached or hosted by a SPAD squadron (Thats what I want) until the AD-5s where retired or sent to the USAF.

V/R Group,

CL

Edited by charlielima