Recently I've noticed a problem with certain airbases on a few third-party terrains: some runways seem to be completely invincible. I've hit the things dead center with 2000lb penetrators. I've dropped a full load of Mk84s along the length of the runway with a B-2. And I've even dropped a nuke right on top of the strip, obliterating the entire base but leaving the runway completely undamaged. Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

I'm running a full merged install, NA and latest patches included. The terrains I've noticed this happen so far are Taiwan (a few bases on the mainland) and on a Desert Storm map I ported over and converted from my old SF1 install. I can give the names of the problem locations if needed.

runway have no destroyed model; craters just 'spawn' on them, so they'll still be there visually

did you get a mission succcess?

Nope, no mission success. The debriefing screen tells me that the primary target was not even damaged. Maybe those airfields are somehow pointing to a misplaced or nonexistent LOD?

by chance, are the ones in Taiwan the 'german' airbases (meaning using those from Gepard? -Alhorn, Buchel, etc?) If so, you may have to located each of the items that make them up, as theres several, and change either the armor value or point value (to 0 so they don't get assigned)

that's one of the maps on my agenda for rebuilding -- i was working on it end of last year, replacing all thsoe with stock runways, and re-targeting the entire thing.

i know the DS map references stock runways (after all, I built it!), so they're should be a problem. Which airfield?

I went through and tested each red airfield in the DS terrain, first with a pair of 2000lb JDAMS (which are usually enough to take out a stock runway) and then with a pair of B61 nuclear bombs dropped near to the center of the strip. In each case, the runway was not damaged, though the nukes took out everything else in the base of course.

These runways were at Jalibah AB, K2 AB, Qualat Sikar AB, As Salmon North AB, Ghalosyan AB, Wadi Al Khir AB, Al Hajaf AB, Helef New AB, Al Muhammad AB, and Shayka Mazhar AB. Taking a quick look through the DS_targets.ini, Almost all of them seem to point at "desert_airfield5.ini" and "Runway5.ini." Since these are stock, maybe something in a patch had something to do with it? If the runways are blowing up fine for other people, maybe it's just my installation.

In the case of Taiwan, I think those are the ones from Gepard. I'll try looking at the armor and point values in those, thanks.

Yes sometimes it happen. But i dont know why.