Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

E-2C mods question for you all...

Just USN and Japan in the skin pack, unless there's been an update since I downloaded it. On my phone now so I'll have to check in the morning.

well, looking through my SF2 install, I didn't really find one. maybe I started one, and never finshed it. (ther's a skin folder "IDF" in the E2C in the SF2I mod folder...

all one needs to do is replace the us stars with IDF ones, and the find out the 4 serial numbers (or was it 6??)

let me finish off the KAW stuff, and I'll revist it

From my Israeli Air force bible 'Air War on the Edge' by Bill Norton...

- The Israelis ordered 6 Hawkeyes in 1976 (Bu 160771 - 774) which were delivered starting in July 1978.

- Serials were 941, 942, 944 & 946 and were assigned to 192 Squadron 'Hawkeye' based at Hatzerim.

- The Israeli name was 'Daya' (Kite) but was commonly called 'Ayn Ha'Netz' (Hawkeye)

- The aircraft left service in 1994.

- The USN two tone grey paint (FS36320 & 36375) was retained as were American stencils.

- Code numbers were carried on both sides of the nose and the forward nose gear door, although prior to 1982 the codes were not used at all.

- The national stars were the 60cm diameter size used for fighters and were carried on both sides of the aft fuselage and on the upper left wing and lower right wing.

- The 192 Squadron badge was displayed on both sides of the forward fuselage, just behind and below the cockpit glass.

Hope that helps.

so, 4 positon national insignia, as opposed to the usual six. that's easy! use the stock decals ini for positions!!! (lol!!!)