Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

MAW Effects

Here you go Olpaint01. MAW Lives!!! - There's a link to MAW here, but I've never been down the path so I don't know if it works. - http://combatace.com...ranean-air-war/

Edit - Oh bother. Last post said the thread is corrupt. Up to the attic and all the cobwebs it is.... Wish the attic had a flare effect so I could see where I was going in the dark....

Edited by Flyby PC

You mean MAW looks good Tom?

MAW totally rocks, and is very much worthwhile to download.

Back in the days..... OFF2 and MAW

Well, yeah it does! I think the ETO that I am using incorporates most of it, as well, but again, I've been really short on stick time lately.

I originally meant that I thought my link looked valid. Then I checked and found out it wasn't, and found the proper links. I should have edited my post better. But I must admit, even though I've flown more in ETO, nothing quite gave me the goose bumps like my first free flight in a Spad XIII in OFF on my new rig. The scenery was stunning, the wind was blowing me around, it was really great.

And like you, I'm a little OCD about making changes, so I haven't made any, as I am trying to get a way to log them carefully. But these flares look nice, I sure hope you get the glare spots sorted out to your liking.

Best,

Tom

MAW, like OFF, is a fantastic rebuild of CFS3. Blending the two only makes it better. I have a full OFF / MAW set-up and have flown many a mission in it, (though none lately I'm sorry to say). Here is a video I did sometime back showing a dogfight above the desert between a Brisfit and a brace of Albs. Great fun.

That looks stunning Lou. Are those your own desert skins?

I feel a new project coming on.....

I'm sure you'll know this Lou, but for those who want to know a little more about the WW1 aircraft in the desert, this is a good start.... http://www.awm.gov.a...p?levelID=67894

I've got mixed opinions about the general ambiance of ETO, but in fairness I've not been keeping up with it. No disrespect to the ETO developers, but flying OFF, you KNOW you're flying OFF, and same goes for MAW, (and not just because it's desert). In close detail, Viso's new vehicles and armour were outstanding and the accurate airfields were impressive too, but on the rare occassions I do fly sim WW2, I still use one of my 3 multi-gig behemouth original installs. One day, (been saying it a while), I'd like to get my WW2 favourites transposed into the OFF landscape. I've said it before, but I think the OFF devs could easily market that too.... if they wanted to of course.

Edited by Flyby PC

Did you get yourself sorted with a MAW to install Olpaint01?

Got one handy if you still need it.

what fun.......loved the Lawrence theme behind the desert tour.....and yeah, nice skin!!!

@Flyby

Yes indeed, I would sure appreciate the 'Handy' MAW installer files you reference. I have had other things keeping me busy at the moment then to spend the necessary head time to sort things out. But I love the idea of taking MAW effects and slipping them into OFF. It really expands the whole experience. Collaboration with MAW devs and the MAW community sure makes sense to me.

BTW, does anyone know the status and whereabouts of the "Boys of 60". And where is StumpJumper when you need his sage advice?

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Pmail me your address and I'll pop a copy in the post.

Boys of 60 are still flying together, but the missmatches and multiplayer gremlins in CFS3 led them to abandon CFS3 fly IL2 based sims instead. I'm not sure what they fly these days. I wasn't up to speed with Il2, but that wasn't the reason I bailed on them, I'd hit a real busy period at work and bought myself a puppy, so my free time was turned on its head. I can forward you Bob's (PD or Pilot's Den) email address if you want to get in touch, or alternatively, track down Dimus or Stumpjumper who I see popping in here from time to time.

I dipped my toes into MP with Boys of 60 with PilotsDen and the boys for about a month several years ago, back when I was going to school. MP turned out not to be my bag. And I had trouble scheduling the session times, so I gave it up.

I am sending you my addie now. Thanks a heap for the MAW help.

OlPaint01