Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Spike

F-14 ordinance problem

ok i have spent 3 days puzzling over this problem and looking for solutions .......i have the F-14 from mirage factory (column 5)

i installed it right and it worked fine with the sparrows selectable as a weapon ........untill i tryed combining the wep data with the rest

now this worked fine on the F-16 and F-18 .....infact it was the only way i could get my install to show the droptanks on these aircraft ....

but now i have done the same with the F-14 and for some reason (even though the loadout.ini is left as it came with the weapons their ...and the weapons are obviously in the game) the sparrow and Pheonix dont show in the weapons loadout screen

anyone got any ideas why this is

Edited by tonyspike

HA HA HA HA HA HA ....HOW DAFT AM I ..............i forgot about the mission start date .......

i had it set at 1992 and the sparrow went out of service in the 70s ......and the pheonix the 80s ..christ sake what a plank lol

rofl.gif

Actually, you might still have a problem. Sparrow didn't go out of service in the 1970's, nor did Phoenix leave service in the 1980's. Sparrow is still in service, and Phoenix didn't retire until 2005, one year before the Turkey left the decks - this is reflected in-game.

What installs are you merging your aircraft/weapons into? What weapon packs are you using? Any other info you've got?

merged install .......SFG, WOV, WOE, WOI

cat files and everything merged ................works a dream ......beutiful install ......i spent ages unpacking and re packing the cats as in the tutorial i found ......and it runs off the Wings over Israel EXE ......its an abslute beast

aside from that though nothing new ............

the only things im using that arnt stock are the F-14/F16 blk 1 and F/A-18 all from mirage factory/column 5...... and the mirage factory weapons pack ...to witch i have added the argentina falklands weapons pack so i can create a working falklands campaign

http://combatace.com/files/file/8130-mirage-factory-weapons-pack-01252009/

http://combatace.com/files/file/11092-pack-de-armas-argentino-malvinas-1982/

but what i mean by the missiles being out of service .....i mean in game .....i might have to change their dates since its the weapns editor file that says they end in the 70s and 80s ......what im saying is thats the solution

change them ...........since i know that not to be true

Edited by tonyspike

Merged 1stGens????

yes ......manualy merged installs

i used cat extractor to extract all the like named cat files from each game to a directory ....then used cat pack to put them back together again with all the extra peices from each game intact .....then placed them in an empty file structure

did this for every cat file over the 4 games ....

then i moved over each games planes/ground objects and missions/terrains

merged the sound folders of all 4 games

used wings over europes game files (main folder) and WOI exe ....it all written down somewhere on these boards (though dont ask where i kinda stumbled on it lol)

its not that hard if you remember to merge them in the order they were released in

Edited by tonyspike

oh ....can i just add (sorry for the double post) ......the sparrow is still in service ....the sparrow in question is the AIM-7E-2 .....the only sparrow in the F-14As loadout ini ....

since this is on single mission mode the problem occurrs (a mode i probly wont play on anyways) im assuming if this was a campaign that it would be set to auto upgrade the missile at the end of its service life to the next sparrow in line? ......or that if the F-14 was ever added to one that i could set it to do this?

You can manually adjust the loadouts, switch the AIM-7E-2 to the F or M model if you wanted. I think the game knows to stay in family (if you do a mission prior to the introduction of the F/M), though it has been a bit since I've dealt with the SFP-1 series.

coool ....i have no interest in the 2 series ......

they probly wont work on my graphics card anyway and the old ones run just fine on my vista machine so i havent seen the point

not when i got a merged thats this good anyways lol

thanks for your help anyways