Lately, I've been putting Wrench's EA-6B templates to good use in creating Prowler skins, but the lion's share of my work has been creating the logos for each of the EA-6B squadrons (USN and USMC). I have created Hi-color as well as low visibility (dark and light) insignia, along with CAG markings that differ from the standard Hi-color markings. All of the squadrons have been added to SquadronList.ini, with EA-6B entries starting at 455. This leaves plenty of room for other add-on squadrons or TK patches.

img00401.jpg

All of the following birds use the same skin; any variation is in decals only. This keeps with the modular nature of the A-6 Superpack. You will also notice the use of canopy decals in a number of cases as well.

Here are the squadrons in order, from VAQ-129 through VAQ-142, and VAQ-209. The USMC squadrons have been completed, but are not displayed here because the skins are still in the works.

img00403.jpg

img00417.jpg

img00404.jpg

img00405.jpg

img00406.jpg

img00407.jpg

img00408.jpg

img00409.jpg

img00410.jpg

img00411.jpg

img00412.jpg

I'm particularly proud of this one (VAQ-140)

img00413.jpg

img00414.jpg

img00415.jpg

img00416.jpg

Finally, you may notice the implementation of Russouk's lights via Fakepilot, allowing for additional nav lights.

img00418.jpg

The white tail light has also been added to the rudder, with the A-6 retrofitted with this light as well.

img00402.jpg

Now if somebody can hook me up with some working slimers, I'll really be in business. That, and if anybody can provide assistance with adjusting the ALQ-99 in the data.ini files to account for each variant then release of the EA-6B pack should be within a couple of weeks.

The EA-6B pack will require that the A-6 Superpack be installed.

Edited by HomeFries

Nice touch adding the east coast reserve squadron(VAQ-209) are you doing the west coast(VAQ-309) as well?

Nice touch adding the east coast reserve squadron(VAQ-209) are you doing the west coast(VAQ-309) as well?

I'd love to add the axemen, but I haven't seen any pictures of their prowlers from the side. I don't know their tail logo, letter codes, and though I know they flew the prowler, the only pics I've seen for 309 are the EA-6A.

If you have any pics of the tail (preferably hi-color) I'd be happy to incorporate them.

After posting my last, I actually found a pic of an EA-6A with a nice tail profile. Here's what I was able to do for VAQ-309.

img00419.jpg

Low vis to follow, and if you have any CAG examples I would love to see them. Otherwise, I'll just use the existing hi-color graphic.

Hey Homefries I got some scanned EA-6B model decals. You want them?

Got your PM, Dave. If you have any more, I'll gladly take them, as they can only improve what I already have.

After posting my last, I actually found a pic of an EA-6A with a nice tail profile. Here's what I was able to do for VAQ-309.

Low vis to follow, and if you have any CAG examples I would love to see them. Otherwise, I'll just use the existing hi-color graphic.

Looks great ... wow you work fast!!

That's the nice thing about doing decals versus putting the stuff directly on the skins. Once you get past the initial pain of decal placement, adding another is simple.

just wish TK would give us the frakking mesh names for the mid-fin bumps!!!

i asked him months ago, and never got a reply

yup, decals is the best way to go - all you need is one base skin, and decal the rest!!

not to mention the tail radome mesh name. I had to tweak a number of the CAG graphics to get them to fit on the tail proper.