UK_Widowmaker

What am I doing wrong?

I have FE and FE2

Wanted to install the super DH4 into FE2....followed the instructions...no show!

Can anyone advise please?...am I missing a patch, addon or summat?

thanks

Maybe you have a folder inside another folder. There are two planes in the pack, the 250hp one and the 375 one. Look what's in the folder you installed.

Hi WM!

Could this be the problem?

Main thing with second gen Third Wire sims like FE2 is to make sure that planes (and other mods) are installed into your so-called 'mods' folder and NOT into the main game folder wherein you installed the sim itself. You need to bear this in mind interpreting Stephen's separate install instructions for FE2, which sort of assume you know this.

The FE2 'mods' folder is under your username, not in Program files. Actual folder names differ a bit between versions of Vista and Win 7 but I have Vista 64 and the DH4 is installed as follows (taking the 250hp version as an example):

[myusername]/Saved Games/FirstEagles 2/Objects/Aircraft/AircoDH4_250

Create any folders manually, that you don't have - on first install, FE2 creates only a basic set of 'mod' folders.

Then you have to create a similar folder under 'decals' and move (just) the 'D' subfolder and contents out from the above, to there - ie:

[myusername]/Saved Games/FirstEagles2/Objects/Decals/AircoDH4_250/D

I just copy the complete plane to 'Decals', like installing it twice, then delete everything in its Decals folder except the D subfolder, which I find faster.

Seems tedious but you soon get used to it. Most FE extra palnes are designed for FE and their install instructions don't cover FE2 at all.

If you have a framerate hit then I suggest setting shadows=False in the DH s .ini file.

Stephen's DH9 and DH9A are also very highly recommended if you are a fan of the 'Four'.

Edited by 33LIMA

Hi WM!

Could this be the problem?

Main thing with second gen Third Wire sims like FE2 is to make sure that planes (and other mods) are installed into your so-called 'mods' folder and NOT into the main game folder wherein you installed the sim itself. You need to bear this in mind interpreting Stephen's separate install instructions for FE2, which sort of assume you know this.

The FE2 'mods' folder is under your username, not in Program files. Actual folder names differ a bit between versions of Vista and Win 7 but I have Vista 64 and the DH4 is installed as follows (taking the 250hp version as an example):

[myusername]/Saved Games/FirstEagles 2/Objects/Aircraft/AircoDH4_250

Create any folders manually, that you don't have - on first install, FE2 creates only a basic set of 'mod' folders.

Then you have to create a similar folder under 'decals' and move (just) the 'D' subfolder and contents out from the above, to there - ie:

[myusername]/Saved Games/FirstEagles2/Objects/Decals/AircoDH4_250/D

I just copy the complete plane to 'Decals', like installing it twice, then delete everything in its Decals folder except the D subfolder, which I find faster.

Seems tedious but you soon get used to it. Most FE extra palnes are designed for FE and their install instructions don't cover FE2 at all.

If you have a framerate hit then I suggest setting shadows=False in the DH s .ini file.

Stephen's DH9 and DH9A are also very highly recommended if you are a fan of the 'Four'.

aha!...that's where I'm going wrong!!..... thanks Lima!! :drinks: :drinks: