Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

modding a J-7 for personal use....

I've been tinkering with the MF Mig-21F I was using the czech version and added the chute housing and pylons from the Lim-6 and it's looking pretty good. did a little ini tweking.The damn canopy is bugging the heck out of me. I have been trying all night to try and add a decal to make it look more like the real J-7II canopy. Does anyone know the name of the glass mesh? if I can't add the decal then I guess I'm stuck unless some modder would make a canopy fram to add via the fake pilot methode? that would be better but I hate to bother the already busy modder. I can't remember the MF's sharing policy but I have the feeling this mod can't be uploaded but I'd be happy to share my modded ini's and skins if that is ok.Any help would be very appreciated. I'll post a few scren shots when I get home from work in the morning.

Edited by whiteknight06604

you mean like these?????

TMF J-7I, J-7II; there's also a J-7IIA. (and iirc F-7B) I got them to finish from Crusader/Sundowner late last year? early this year?? Having a small avionics issue with one -can't remember which- but, essentially, they're done

as to theoriginal question, that decal trick worked on first gens only ... we had the same problem in the IndoPak mmod ... the mesh name may have changed and/or we're unable to put decals on 'glass'. (double tga??). Tried for over a week, and just gave up.

Have you considered using the 21FL body??? It'll need a good deal of data ini edits to add the 2 30mm gusn...but it's doable

you mean like these?????

TMF J-7I, J-7II; there's also a J-7IIA. (and iirc F-7B) I got them to finish from Crusader/Sundowner late last year? early this year?? Having a small avionics issue with one -can't remember which- but, essentially, they're done

as to theoriginal question, that decal trick worked on first gens only ... we had the same problem in the IndoPak mmod ... the mesh name may have changed and/or we're unable to put decals on 'glass'. (double tga??). Tried for over a week, and just gave up.

Have you considered using the 21FL body??? It'll need a good deal of data ini edits to add the 2 30mm gusn...but it's doable

The J-7II can be used for a PAF F-7P :good: .

F-7P1.jpg

Edited by ghostrider883

The J-7II can be used for a PAF F-7P :good: .

F-7P1.jpg

True! Will need a Pakistani skin, but can work pretty well.

OMG!!! these need to be on my hard drive lol. yeah exactly like those. are these something that will see the light of day because I am on a Chinese kick and am borderline obsessed right now :yikes: