Lothar of the Hill People

A little love for two-seater campaigns

Version 0.8.3 of the OFFice incomplete campaign editor, including the OFFbase role-playing simulation, is now available for download. This is a massive update with new features and bugfixes for everyone, but a couple items bare special note for pilots of two-seaters:

Introducing Air Crew: Pilots of two-seaters will share quarters with their observer/gunner. You and your fellow officers will encounter them in the Mess and on the Airfield, as they build their own careers OFFbase.

So now you'll really get to know that fellow who's always up in the air with you. And to help keep track of your adventures together, I've completely reworked how OFF handles its flight and claims logs:

The Campaign Journal: Off's Flight Log has been upgraded to a true journal of your pilot's time in the Great War. The text of your claims is listed in the log chronologically, no longer at a later date and only conditional on confirmation. You can edit the text of your claims in the log when returning to OFFbase after your mission, as well as view and edit your Journal any time in your OFFbase quarters. You can even write post-mission entries even if you haven't scored any claims! All entries are seamlessly displayed in the OFFbase Journal and the Flight Log in OFF Manager, with the former even featuring pictures of you and your claim witnesses!

While the journal is automatically populated with the text of your claims, now even pilots of two-seaters who rarely fill out claims forms will be able to keep a record of their missions--and anything else they want to write about. And it's pretty keen, if I do say so myself:

Journal.png

You should also get my updated names mod so your squadmates, including your gunner/observer, have more unique and interesting names.

Cheers

Great work - Thank you for sharing with us.

Terrific MOD..the new interface is great. Keep up the good work on this truly immersive addition to OFF!

Royce