UK_Widowmaker

Whoops (not a good Olympic start)

:lol: - Just typical it had to be North Korea - I mean what a bunch of tits we look - I bet someone just googled flag for Korea!

This is a serious insult to the Glorious North Korean people in their struggle against the Occidental coyotes ! ... For this a "civilian" rocket launch will be ordered ! crazy.gif

Honestly the French administration had made ​​a huge blunder like this one in 1982, by inviting for a stop at the port of Brest a ship of the Armada Argentina (the first for decades) ... and another of the Royal Navy the same day ... idiocy when you hold us !

Heck, you should have seen the row when the USMC Honor Guard flew the Canadian flag upside down by accident during a ceremony at a particular athletic event...you'd have thought we were trying to restart the War of 1812.

Touchy, touchy...

FC

Perhaps, but you must admit there are a certain group of people here that would certainly advocate sanctions, expulsions, and probably war if they flew a US flag upside down.

That's why I hate extremists (even those who run their own networks and claim to be just telling the "truth"), because actions are never good or bad, it's always WHO did it that matters. We do it, it's fine, just a mistake, a minor thing. THEY do it, it's reprehensible, a direct affront, unacceptable. Morality has become based on the identity of the one doing it, not in the action itself.

That's why I hate extremists (even those who run their own networks and claim to be just telling the "truth"), because actions are never good or bad, it's always WHO did it that matters. We do it, it's fine, just a mistake, a minor thing. THEY do it, it's reprehensible, a direct affront, unacceptable. Morality has become based on the identity of the one doing it, not in the action itself.

And not to mention that one of their most powerful "weapons" and favorite remains the denial and the simple questioning of their opponents thoughts and/or actions. A sophist and typically ruse, requiring only a few tricks in their responses.

OUCH!!!! never going to hear the end of this,,,,

Perhaps, but you must admit there are a certain group of people here that would certainly advocate sanctions, expulsions, and probably war if they flew a US flag upside down.

Admit that the USA would have been quite upset, to say the least, if in place of the Old Glory, the Southern flag had been run up there too. You know, the one with a blue Cross of St-Andrew and a number of stars matching the average IQ of a segregationist... :grin:

Except the CSA has not existed for just about 150 years. Pretty sure it's difficult to get that one wrong.

FC

I will NEVER understand the persistence of that either. Not only no one now alive, but none have been alive for decades now. It's literally something that happened to other people, yet there is some strange romantic notion that it's somehow still current.

It probably takes the record for the most fondly remembered failure in history. The US doesn't remember Vietnam fondly. We don't remember 9/11 fondly. We don't remember Pearl Harbor fondly. Yet for some reason a puzzlingly large number of people still lament the CSA's passing. To which my reply is: "they should've had a better military then."

Probably because the Confederate forces flag has had a half dressed Daisy Duke in front of it since the 70s. :drinks: