Last night, I was working on the Robo-BN tweak (where you can see the guy in the right seat) for the upcoming EA-6B Superpack, when I realized that the WoV A-6A cockpit was (surprise!) co-located with the position of the pilot in the A-6.

The entry in the A-6A_Cockpit.ini (WoV) is

[CockpitSeat001]
ModelName=A-6A_pit.LOD
Offset=-0.004,0.00,0.01
Position=-0.35,2.55,0.74

This is the same positional entry in the RAZBAM cockpit, and it directly corresponds with the pilot placement in the A-6A_data.ini.

No surprises so far, but when I try the same thing with the EA-6B, I set the position to -0.35,2.85,0.74, which matches the X,Y pilot positioning in the stock EA-6B. Unfortunately, I still found the perspective to be in the back seat, and I could actually see my Robo-BN on my 1 O'Clock in front of the canopy (sorry, forgot to take a screenshot).

Long story short, I finally adjusted the Y value to 4.25, which put the front seat Robo-BN on my 3:30 (which is correct), and the position of the cockpit LOD appeared to match with the aircraft when I set the nose mesh to be visible from cockpit.

So I have a solution, but I was wondering why there is this discrepancy between Y coordinates in the aircraft LOD and cockpit. I would think that a value of 4.25 should put me about 6 (virtual) feet in front of the nose.

Any thoughts?

Edited by HomeFries

Whats the CG position in the data ini ?

If its any other than 0.0,0.0,0.0, then you can add the line

CockpitCGOffset=TRUE

and the pit position will be automatically adjusted for any CG offset from 0

It's a 3dMax thing. Placement depends on ware the virtual center ( x0.00 y0.00 z0.00) of the model is when it's created in max and how the game engine handels it. Not 100% on this ,but this is what iv'e encounterded making stuff for SF1.

Edited by RAVEN

Whats the CG position in the data ini ?

If its any other than 0.0,0.0,0.0, then you can add the line

CockpitCGOffset=TRUE

and the pit position will be automatically adjusted for any CG offset from 0

Good call, Crusader!

The CG of the EA-6B is

CGPosition=0.00,-1.30,0.22

With the original Y axis pilot placement of 2.85, the result comes out to 4.15, which is pretty dang close to my 4.25 SWAG.

Or I can just add the line like you mentioned, then change the Y value to 2.85. :good:

Edited by HomeFries

Guys,

I tried adding CockpitCGOffset=TRUE to the [AircraftData] section of the Aircraft datafile, then left the CockpitSeat001 in the same position of the pilot.

There was some improvement, but my Robo BN is still "on the hood". Making the manual cockpit adjustment to 4.15 works perfectly.

I could just put the instructions to use 4.15 in the readme file, but I would rather get to the bottom of this and tweak the datafiles on my end, which will make for easier tweaks for the end user.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

The only thing I tried (before fixing my RAZBAM jet) it sunk the jet into the Nimitz and ended up sticking with the RAZBAM version for manned flying and use your pack for AI stuff.

That's wild, Eric.

I didn't change any of the physical data from the default EA-6B. The only things I adjusted were the pilots/fakepilots, DECM, and ALQ-99 capability.