Capitaine Vengeur

Observation, deduction, consternation

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go hiking and camping in the Highlands. One evening, they smoke a last pipe and have a last Brandy, then head for their sleeping bags for a good night.

During the night, Holmes awakes Dr Watson:

- Watson, my dear, open your eyes and look above you. Tell me what you can see.

- Holmes, I can see millions and millions of stars.

- Well, and what does this view inspire to you?

- Astronomically, I think about the potentiality of life on trillions of planets scattered between milions of galaxies. Astrologically, I can observe that Saturn enters Leo. Hourly, I can deduce that it's about 3.15 a.m.. Theologically, I feel that God is almighty and that we are tiny and insignificant. Meteorologically, I think we shall enjoy a beautiful weather this morning. And what about your own feelings and reasonings, Holmes?

Sherlock Holmes stays silent for a moment, sighs, and replies:

- Watson, my dear, my feeling is that you are a complete thicko, and my reasoning is that our bloody tent has been stolen!!

• Like 1

HAHAHA

I think Holmes was "female".

Asking a misleading question, getting correct answers, but not getting the one you want when you could have asked the appropriate question to begin with sounds very familiar. I think "tell me what you don't see?" would have been a better question. No drama.

Poor Watson.

• Like 1

Agreed ! If it really were just two guys and the tent was stolen, the conversation might have been

Guy 1: Dude your tent !

Guy 2: Duuude !

Well maybe, but where I come from they would have each had their own tent. Just saying. :ohsnap:

Broke back movie flashbacks huh ? You poor soul. :ymca::biggrin:

Edited by Atreides