Sign in to follow this  
stuntman

New medium range, graphic card advises

Hi guys

The GTX280 just fried this morning. What do you think i should buy next??

I want something medium range-ish, around 200-250€.

I'm more an Nvidia guy, so i was thinking about an MS gtx560ti twin frozer, or maybe a sapphire HD7870, which is around 230€ in a web flash sale!

It's meant to do some casual gaming in good conditions for 2-3 years, and should run SF2 nicely (among others, like Flaming cliffs 3). An other big criteria to me is silence, I'm ready to sacrifice a couple FPS for a couple db.

Thanks in advance

Edited by stuntman

I have year old 560Ti and it's great so far, have no problems with last year stuff (BF3, Skyrim, DCS etc)

as for silence, I had to listen to it after reading your post to hear anything at all

Edited by Stary

I have the EVGA 560TI 448 Core Classified Edition and it has three fans, plus the four case fans, and I can't hear it in my studio apartment. Any of the 560TI's are very good mid range card and are built for the casual gamer like you and I (ArmA once a week, FSX, WoT, and FIFA12. I do not like ATI so I do not know much about them.

Edited by suhsjake

I just stumbled upon a msi 560 TI 448 cores, with a good price.

Seems to be the good catch, considering the stability issues the ATi 7870 have (according to some forums).

Thx for the advises guys

should be good for you