Sign in to follow this  
BradenFTW

Constant or Prolonged Missile flame?

Ok, not sure if this has been asked but give me a break, I'm new.

Anyway, I noticed how missiles, when launched, have a flame that burns out the back to propel it along but it burns out rather quickly. So if you like watching the missile after launching, 90% of the flight time is just watching a rather dead looking missile fly towards its target with no awesome looking flame streaking behind it.

Now I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be in real life, but I reckon it would look so much cooler if the flame burnt behind it for the entirety of the flight. Is there a mod that does this? Can anyone do it?

Cheers

watts his your effect settings? 1

2 check in the weapondata.ini the duration of the flame can recall exact entrys right now

watts his your effect settings? 1

2 check in the weapondata.ini the duration of the flame can recall exact entrys right now

Ok, note the title 'new member' lolol what the heck and where the heck do I find effect settings and weapon data.ini

effect settings are here.

weapondata..ini his in object\weapons\weapon name say AGM-65F XXX_data.ini

from AGM-65F

BoosterStart=0.000000

BoosterDuration=3.200000<-----duration im second IIRC

BoosterAccel=10.532000

BoosterEffectName=MissileFireEffect<-----check in effects folder more there i dont know how to edit!

BoosterSoundName=Missile

if dont have weapons folder in your mod_folder then donwload a weapons pack higly recomende!

http://combatace.com/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/ check this out also

Edited by cocas

For a rocket powered missile, this is usually correct. The engine fires for a short period after launch, in order to accelerate the missile to full speed. After this, the engine is burnt out. There are some exceptions, such as Exocet, and Blue Steel. It would help to know what type of weapons you're using.

In a gas turbine powered missile, the engine will fire until impact.

In the meantime, I'd suggest not editing these settings for now.

yes, A-A missiles are rocket boosted to max speed, then coast on inertia to the target. There are no sustainer motors to keep propelling them like cruise missiles.

So, the behavior presented IS correct