dtmdragon

Mirage Factory IDF F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2

Mirage Factory IDF F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2

Mirage Factory Israeli Air Force F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2

This is a brand new SF2 mod of the Israeli F-4E Kurnass 2000 with a new 3D model.

This mod has its origins in the SFP1 Mirage Factory F-4E Kurnass but most of the 3D work to create the Kurnass 2000 model has been done by Sundowner.

The majority of the .ini work is new and specifically for the SF2 environment.

Features:

- Accurate Kurnass 2000 3d model

- Modernized cockpit and avionics

- Modernized weapons capability

- Most advanced version of the F-4E used by the Israeli Air Force

- Extensive RWR.TGA files and updated RWR.LST

- All weapons from loadout file included

http://www.f-4.nl/f4_35.html

INSTILATION: Drop files in to appropriate folders, override when asked to.

NOTE: Has only been tested/used in a merged install of ALL SF2 titles

Credit goes to Bunyap and Chaser617 for the F-4EJ Kai cockpit / Avionics which we used as a base for the Kurnass 2000 Cockpit and Avionics. Also credit goes to The Viper Team for their IAF F-16C/D/I which some of the weapons came from. And of course the Mirage Factory Team.

Edited by dtmdragon

Guys, I am facing a problem with the IRM launch rails on the left inner pylon.

As I get it, there should be small rails, with small spacing to the pylon, used to load Sidewinder and may be Python 4.

Then there should be larger rails, with greater spacing to the pylon to allow loading of Python 3.

For some reason only the small rails with small spacing appear under the left wing, causing Python 3 missiles to just hang in mid-air.

I checked the out file and also the data.ini, but could not see the cause of this issue.

Guys, I am facing a problem with the IRM launch rails on the left inner pylon.

As I get it, there should be small rails, with small spacing to the pylon, used to load Sidewinder and may be Python 4.

Then there should be larger rails, with greater spacing to the pylon to allow loading of Python 3.

For some reason only the small rails with small spacing appear under the left wing, causing Python 3 missiles to just hang in mid-air.

I checked the out file and also the data.ini, but could not see the cause of this issue.

Try re-downloading it and re-installing it. I've just installed a freshly downloaded copy into an empty mods folder to check it and there are no issues with the IRM rails. The problem must be with your download or install sorry.

OK, thanks, will do later today and report back.

OK, re-downloaded, placed it in several separate SF2 installs I have and the problem is still there.

Look at the picture - the Pythons under the left wing are in mid-air.

What's more, even when I loaded Sidewinders, they appear on the same rails.

Kurnas 2000

Kurnas 2000_2

• Like 1

OK, I am now sure it is an issue with the model itself, not a problem with the aircraft data.ini.

I deliberately deactivated the rails intended for Python 3 and then took a screenshot of the rails for Sidewinder.

I am sure the aicraft data.ini is calling the correct rails, but the inner and outer IRM rail under the left wing appear to be closer to eachother than those under the right wing.

The effect is missiles appear as if improperly attached (floating). See attached screenshot.

Using the supports under the inner pylon as a reference point, you can see the rails under the right wing are separated and do not touch the supports, while the rails under the left wing clearly touch them. Apparently the rails under the left wing need to be a little bit more separated from the pylon to be identical to the rails under the right wing.

Kurnas 2000_3

Ah-ha I see now, sorry you are right I misunderstood what you meant the first time. the left IRM rails are a different size so I will talk to Sundowner and see what we can do about fixing the 3D model before we change the missile attachment points etc.

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1

1.1 Uploaded:

- Corrected lod issue with left IRM rails being smaller than the right

- F-4E_5.bmp textures edited with more accurate cockpits

Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) F-4E Kurnass 'Super Phantom' 2000 released, it was a planed update to the Kurnass 2000 with upgraded engines but it never made it past the prototype which flew in the 1987 Paris Airshow.

http://combatace.com/files/file/13512-israeli-aerospace-industries-iai-f-4e-kurnass-super-phantom-2000-for-strike-fighters-2/

1.2 Uploaded:

- Lod updated to fix afterburner nodes so they glow correctly when the afterburners are on.

- IAI Recon Pod included.

Edited by dtmdragon