Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Importing a GMAX file into 3DS - how?

I have one or two GMAX source files for CFS3 aircraft which could usefully be used in SF2 as well, but I have no idea how to bring them into 3DS so those willing to finish the job will be able to.

Can anybody help? It is clearly possible, as Cesar has proven with for example the GC He111 which was used for the DAT version.

It is possible with several programs. You must run the GMax source file through those programs making it into several file formats. I tried it and failed somewhere. You loose a lot of information as i understand. UV mapping, animations and maybe even mesh geometry infos. Due to that fact, it´s more impossible than possible.

Looking at the result, it´s more easier to make the model from scratch, then to humble with a messed converted piece of junk.