Does anyone know what Israeli Aircraft are carrying the Python 5 operationally? As far as I can tell it seems to be just the F-16I Sufa?

Cheers,

Dan.

I think pretty much ever IDF/AF fighter (all F-15s, all F-16s).Could be wrong tho.

That’s what I thought but this article makes reference to a future upgrade to give the IAF F-15 Baz fleet Python 5 capability:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/israel-kicks-off-program-to-improve-its-f16s-and-f15s-01796/

"Announced improvement of the F-15 A-D Eagles will include a “replacement of electronic war systems” and an “improvement in the ability to carry advanced bombs” via integration of new weapons. Presumably, Python 5 and Derby 4 air-air missile integration will be part of the process, if that isn’t already present from past modernizations."

So I started searching the net and couldn't find any hard data or a photo with an IAF F-15 carrying a Python 5 operationally.

Edited by dtmdragon

F-16's carry it they scored a kill with Python5 on enemy UAV in 2006.

Okay I know that the F-15I can and does Carry it there is a pic on the net somewhere of it problem is linking to the site... also the F-16I and retrofitted back to the early C model F-16's so its probable that the Baz does carry the weapon as well. I have even seen Pictures with Hornets and Tigers carrying the thing...!!!