quack74

Max ground objects in campaigns

Do the ground objects that appear in campaigns (say Infantry that move from Strategic Node to Strategic Node) have a max number that will appear? I cant get more than 4 infantry units to appear at a time in my campaign. No matter the settings for the ground units in the campaigns' DATA.ini or the Formations.INI

Ex:

[GroundUnit026]

GroundObjectType=AustrianInfantry

UnitName=2nd Infantry

ForceID=2

Nation=AUSTRIA

BaseArea=Kolmar

RandomChance=100

StartObjects=100 <----------------------

MaxObjects=200 <---------------------

Experience=80

Morale=80

Supply=100 <--------------------------- I've messed with all these settings and all I get are 4 Infantry objects advancing at a time.

Intelligence=80 I would like much more if possible.

Formation=TankSpread

MaxObjectPerMission=200 <----------------

In Single Missions there are about 12 or so units that advance. Why not in Campaign mode?

post-33545-0-98176900-1353777000_thumb.jpg

Edited by quack74

There is a limit in the engine, the limit also affects the terrain_data.ini. Long time ago (as years goes by) i spent lot of time filling a terrain with troops and cannons just to find that only a few (very few) were present at combat.

Edited by Hansa

it may generate ground objects like SF/SF2 does ... within a 50km "bubble" around the players aircraft (which moves as you do!) They spawn and despawn at the limit

Edited by Wrench

Thanks guys. Yeah I cant get more then 4 objects (Infantry) to appear in each campaign mission. And only in one location (nearest my objective) even when the pre-mission breifing says there are a bunch of locations w troop movement. I never see them actually moving in the mission itself. Too bad because it would make for great land action to fly over or straff.

is the GroundObjectRole for the infantry set as "TANK"???

maybe the "waypoints" in the movement.ini are set too far apart?

I've tried just about everything Wrench. I changed the Infantrys' DATA.ini roll to Tank, MobileAD, and TankSpread. I've even changed the inputs for the respective inputs in the Formations.INI by adding more to each parameter. Nothing changes at all. The Infantry formations remain the same (only 4 objects at a time). Again this is for campaign mode only. It works in Single Mission mode only. Many troops and tanks will appear in Single Missions. And their positions (formations) do change when I alter their formation parameters. Why, Why, Why not for Campaigns? I guess it's just not in the programing. Same reason you cant have a formation of only 1 Aircraft even thought I created it in the Formations.INI. Always 1-2 aircraft will appear at random. Even when the "Element" calls for 1 position. I'll keep trying I guess.

BTW Wrench, the Terrains' Movement doesnt effect the ground objects in Campaigns either. Infact No objects like Trucks, Wagons, or troops appear along the "Movement" parametes in campaign mode at all. I dont know why. In an Armed Recon or SEAD mission there should be some truck convoys or troop colums. But there never are. Only the Infantry I have in the Campaigns' DATA.INI that move from Node to Node.

now, thats just bloody weird!!

I've been playing with the Formations.ini and I remembered this post.

In my campaigns, the Infantry use the "Tank Spread" formation. The tank spread only has positions for 4. You could probably edit the formations.ini to get more positions.

I did that too. I added 6 if I remember correctly. And I spread them out more. But I only got 4 Infantry objects to appear at a time.

But why then would so many appear for single missions? I think I get around 12 to 15 infantry objects for Army-Coop and Armed Recon.

It's the campaigns I'm having the problem with. I would like to get a lot more Infantry on the ground.

BTW, do the "Movement" parameters even have any effect in campaigns? I never see anything else moving around except for the Infantry moving from Node to Node.

Edited by quack74

I've also noticed that single missions have a lot more troops (or tanks) on the ground. I think that sometimes the formations are doubled. For the campaigns, if changing the formations doesn't work, all I can think of is adding more strategic nodes really close together. I haven't tried it so I don't know if FE will populate more than one node at a time.

I think that campaigns use the nodes instead of the movement.ini.

If I remember correctly, you can only place one object per Node. I think. If so than that wont help either. Granted FE wasnt really set up for ground action.