Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Red Dawn 2012

Has anyone seen this yet? I have a chance to go see this on the weekend and I'm tossing up whether or not to go because I'm getting the creeping feeling it's not so much a remake of Red Dawn, but a film of that lame, just godawful game Home Front. I mean, it hasn't helped that the story is about a North Korean invasion and that it takes place in probably the furthest, most difficult spot for them to invade, the East coast. I mean, logistically alone, it makes no sense and the Russians are supposed to have funded it...? Wha...?

I hope I've read wrong, because the original was a brilliant, cold war paranoia classic!

The film is garbage. Go see Lincoln instead.

Concur.

Yeah, had a chance to see it with a buddy. MY GOD it was bad, so much so that it made Home Front actually look okay by comparison. So stoked neither of us spent any money on it! But it was definitely a waste of free passes and 90+ minutes of my life I'll never get back...

II'm glad I waited to go see Red Dawn 2, I hear it truly is garbage compared to the original.

Oh yeah, big time! The deer scene was kinda funny though. I think the only thing I liked about it was seeing Adrianne Palicki kick some ass and look good doing it. Check out this review:

http://www.efilmcritic.com/review.php?movie=19923&reviewer=389

It's bang on, especially about the Subway store scene.

Argue about Lincoln in another thread.