Snailman

Search engine bug or...?

Hi,

recently i tried to search for specific plane types... but the search engine seems to refuse the character "-" (if) it is followed by a number.

No results found for 'tu-#unknown char here#'

Maybe a codepage problem... but it appears for all three languages I have US, HU and RU also. I guess it is working for other people... I don't remember if it worked for me.. so I think it is a problem on my side but what to do?

Edited by Snailman

from my experience it's best to search via known plane name or NATO codename, indeed I too have been having troubles with designations being unrecognized by the search engine since day one

There was a problem with the way the "minus sign" ( - ) was being read into the query, it was for all purposes unrecognized.

That has been fixed and I am still working with the developers to fix or make the local searches more relevant. Until I'm satisfied with the local indexing of our site material (read: search results) I have implemented an internal way to use Google which is now part of the search box above.

I'll keep working on this until it's working as intended.

- work in progress