Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

No NHL season 2004/2005

The lock-out is going on and now is it for real. No NHL. For the support and fans in Canada and USA is it sad, but for the fans in Europe is a little good news. Here in Europe plays NHL players in teams. In Amsterdam for example they have Karl Dijkhuis (Montreal Canadians). When NHL was going on this season, all the stars went home, but now the lock-out is still going on the stay.

Question to the hockeyfans here: "What for league are you looking at or are you watch old games and dvd's?"

Salute

Dutchy

I'm just glad.....(ducking from flak from you hockey fans)....

I'm sick of the Me me me me attitude and the violence in hockey...I don't mind the checking and small clashes, but when it breaks out into a punching match, what does that tell my kids? That's it's ok to do it at school?

It's sending the wrong message to the youth IMHO. All major sports have cracked down on it....look at what happened in the NBA earlier...

I also know they arn't the highest payed professional sport....but...it's comparable to their fan base. Their fan base is much smaller the NFL or NBA (I use these cause the have salary caps). These guys were close and should have just accepted the deal. The players caused this....and the fans suffer. But, I'm not a fan, so I sit and watch ESPN with a smile.

<C>

Fates

I'm just glad.....(ducking from flak from you hockey fans)....

I'm sick of the Me me me me attitude and the violence in hockey...I don't mind the checking and small clashes, but when it breaks out into a punching match, what does that tell my kids?  That's it's ok to do it at school?

It's sending the wrong message to the youth IMHO.  All major sports have cracked down on it....look at what happened in the NBA earlier...

I also know they arn't the highest payed professional sport....but...it's comparable to their fan base.  Their fan base is much smaller the NFL or NBA (I use these cause the have salary caps).  These guys were close and should have just accepted the deal.  The players caused this....and the fans suffer.  But, I'm not a fan, so I sit and watch ESPN with a smile.

<C>

Fates

Don't duck on my behalf, I agree. I haven't seen an athlete yet who is worth the money any of these rats get paid (CEO's also fall into this realm). As far as the violence, really says alot about sportsmanship. We have a hockey team down here in Corpus (Corpus Christi Rayz), and I wouldn't pay a plug nickel to go see one of their games.

Sorry, just me....

Edited by Chaingun