Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

Name that aircraft!

Can you identify this aircraft?

post-45803-0-87961100-1359062879.png

Actually, identifying the aircraft should be fairly easy, but can you tell why it has Belgian markings?

Yep. It's the one in the middle.

Looks like a Halberstadt to me. Naw, forget it - the rudder fin is too straight.

Edited by Olham

That aeroplane would be one of the Rumpler C.VIIs that were delivered to Belgium after WWI as part of Germany's war reparations to that country.

I know, I know ... show off. :grin:

Edited by RAF_Louvert

That aeroplane would be one of the Rumpler C.VIIs that were delivered to Belgium after WWI as part of Germany's war reparations to that country.

I say give the man a cigar!

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!

Lou, you Barmy old goat! I should have excluded you from the contest as a courtesy to the other people on the board! From the Belgian website where I grabbed the pic: http://www.belgian-w...t_1910_1918.htm

In the months after the end of the First World War, Germany delivered no less than 354 aircraft to Belgium as war reparation. All of these machines were stored at Evere airfield and together with vast numbers of abandoned aircraft recuperated at former German airbases in Belgium added up to almost 700 machines. A large number of these aircraft were returned to flying condition to be test-flown by the Aviation Militaire Belge or to be used operationally. At least one Rumpler C.VII flew with the Aviation Militaire Belge and was presented between July 19th and 27th 1919 at the "Exposition des Avions de Guerre et du Matériel aéronautique" (Exhibition of Warplanes an Aeronautical Equipment).

For your prize, do you prefer Cognac or a Cuban cigar?

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!

Lou, you Barmy old goat! I should have excluded you from the contest as a courtesy to the other people on the board! From the Belgian website where I grabbed the pic: http://www.belgian-w...t_1910_1918.htm

For your prize, do you prefer Cognac or a Cuban cigar?

Herr-PropWasche;

No Cuban cigars. They are banned in the US.

No Cuban cigars. They are banned in the US.

Really?

Funny, but my sixth sense tells me, that many of the American senators smoke them.

Or do you believe they didn't have the finest whiskeys even during the prohibition?

Lou, you were the right man to answer this (Dej too, I suppose) - me, I actually know so little yet -

without the world wide web I would be totally lost.