Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Boy joining the Corps

With all the questions about joining the service and how to get around crimmial records, I thought I'd share this with my friends here. My 14 year olds half brother, who I raised as my own till he was 8, passed the ASVAB and joined the USMC.

He called hoem for the first time in a long time and told his sister the news and was worried that I'd be mad he didn't go Navy.

I told I 'm never mad for that kind of decsion but imensely proud of him. Once he get his Eagle, Globe and Anchor, I'll be prouder still.

Even though he's been out of mine and his sisters house I still see him as my own kid and I'm glad the seed of Honor and Duty me and his Grandfather planted took root.

Edited by firehawkordy

HOOAH!!!!

Congrats Firehawkordy

Fates

Eww Rah!! Tell him welcome to the brotherhood, served in the Corps from 88-92.

Semper Fidelis,

Bob

Well Semper Fi to your brother..He will be going through a change that wiil last his whole life!!!

USMC 1967--1971

Not my brother, my daughters brother, my now former step-son. Well not really former, he still calls me Dad and he's still my boy.

And I'll pass on the welcome to the brotherhood AFTER he gets his Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As a Sailor I may make fun of you Jarheads but you all still have my respect.

FireHawk,any one can be a daddy,it takes a Man to raise a son,sounds to Me you did a Excellent Job!!! so dont know yourself down,sounds as tho you DID put that Decent thinggy in him.....by the way,with some luck he might decide become a jarheaded Ordie...... :biggrin: