Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Planes flying through Airships

Anyone know how to get attacking planes to not fly through the Airships? How does the enemy detect the Airship mesh? are there parameters to adjust?

I think it's because airships are hugue targets. I think they need to have collisionpoints in the Data.ini file

Ojcar... Can you make a flight model for the airships? Peter01 did a flight model for the L63 zeppelin and it wasn't too bad. That way planes will crash with the airships (now it's possible to fly through airships). And the airships will move.

The flight model for the L63 can be found here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/9240-fe-campaigns-and-zeppelin-fm-for-nov-2008-patch/

I think you can change some things in the L63 flight model and make flight models for stephen1918's airships.

I made Stephens1918's Zeppelin L32 flyable by mixing some of L63's data and my own. I also got all the guns to work and they fire accuratly at their targets. But I tried to add Collision points all around the main body of the big blimp but it didnt seem to change anything. Enemy plane still get too close and would fly right into the middle of L32 and fire away. Also their is no "landing gear" so if you wanted to start from the ground you would explode.

It does show up in single missions as a target too. I created a new "Nation" called "German Zeppelins" and set the Formation.INI to have only two positions max. I spread the two ships far apart so they didnt look bunched together. Looks pretty good. But they die very easily. Usually before I can get to them.

post-33545-0-13645900-1363629129_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-05714400-1363629131_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-10477100-1363629132_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-88960800-1363629133_thumb.jpg

Edited by quack74
  • Like 1

Have a little patience.......

• Like 1

I just have upload the AI flyable rigid Airships. They fly, fire their guns, bomb their targets and are hard to destroy.....sometimes, because the AI fighter planes will fly through them and die the kamikaze way (a game engine limit). In old Hitchingbroke Zeppelin, they will go no harmed. They are useful in campaigns (you shoud make units of one "plane" and one pilot). For single missions we'll need a Formations mod.

I made a formation mod for the Airships. I added a new Nation to the Nations.INI called "German Zeppelins". Here under "Bomber" I added ..Bomber=Zeppelin... for the bomber formation. Then in the Formations.INI I added a new formation parameter called [Zeppelin] and tried to create just one Squadron with one flight, and one element. But no matter what the game seems to randomly go between 1 and 2 aircraft. So I Spaced out the formation for the second ship. You'll see in my pics above that the other ship is way way off to the Starboard side. I think 3000 to 4000 meters or so.

Nice work Ojcar! Thank you, these are a great addition to First Eagles! I look forward to seeing them in campaigns and I will add them to my naval project. And thanks Quack for the formation info. It will be great to see them in single missions, too.

• Like 1

Very well done, smoke from the motors and all, thanks, FE gets better everyday!!

These are excellent, Ojcar!

Many thanks to you, and to Stephen1918 for the models!

The one thing that FE1 and FE2 NEEDED, IMHO, was a viable zeppelin model/FM, to bring back memories of some of those old "Red Baron" missions.

(Yes, I know, there are other aircraft "wish list" threads on this Forum. This was one of mine).

post-5298-0-06036200-1364514630_thumb.jpg

You have filled that void extremely well.

Thank you both again!

DARoot

[Of course, others may continue to pester you, or others, for further modifications, to make it possible for them to duplicate the scene in "Flyboys," where the dying Flight Leader takes out a Zeppelin by crashing into it, but I like the way you've currently handled AI (or Player) attempts at "ramming."

However, there are those big bags of hydrogen....]

Edited by DARoot

BTW, Ojcar... you should make the FM for the other two zeppelins and they will have a chance to appear in single missions

(PLEASE)