Sign in to follow this  
BananaBob

Adding Custom Pilots/WoV

I've tried to add a real nice quality usaf pilot skin to WoV, followed the instructions and extracted the planes data.ini and added the line to the pilot section and no joy. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Bob :cool:

Is the pilot in the AIRCRAFT folder? You have to do that.

I put it in the specific aircraft folder, ie F4E folder, this is where I messed up I guess, those pilot files go in the Aircraft folder i'm assuming now, thanks, lol, doh! :victory:

Thanks,

Bob

That was it bro, thanks for the help, I made a folder with the name of the pilot and put it in the aircraft folder and it worked like a charm! :)

Bob

BananaBob,

Could you tell me which pilot skin do you used and where you got it? I'd like to replace the stock WoV pilot skin for USAF pilots by a nicer one ..

Thanks in advance.

Speaking of pilots ... is it possible to have the pilot skin changes according to the squadron? Each squadron had a certain helmet looks ....

Thanks.

No, not for squadron´s.

Only for each plane type, because the Skin entry is in the Data file of the plane.

:( that's what I thought ... hmm ... do you think that creating a copy of a plane folder and renaming it F-105D-25-563 (for example), then assigning that plane to a given squadron could be a solution? The plane will be an exact copy of the F-105D-25 except for the pilot which will be one specific to the 563rd squadron ... Of course it's far from the best solution as it will duplicate all the files ...

what do you guys think?

My already monstrous WoV directoery would go gargantuan doing it that way Pit...

yeah .... mine too .... by that's a solution ... I will give it a try ... I wish there was an easier solution ...