Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

3DS Max tutor..... (specifically UV unwrapping)

i'm going to school for a Sim and Game Design major and taking a class this semester on 3DS Max. i am having some trouble figuring out how to unwrap two projects. i would appreciate if somebody could talk me through the process, as i am somewhat baffled. i have tried my teacher, however she is teaching the class due to already teaching AutoCAD and not due to immense familiarity with Max. once i get the map laid out im good to go, can shoot to PS and skin these things. someone that can call or im over FB would be appreciated but email tag assist would work also. I am using the free student edition of Max 2012. my availability for contact and work on this will be after 5pm Eastern time. the bennie to the community..... i will use excess school money sometime in the fall or spring to get Max 2009. part of my firm belief that if it aint there do it your own self. Thanks in advance for any assistance you all can give.

and yes there are many youtube tutorials, but that guy wont ever answer my questions!

Not a prob. Like i said any help. Can you view if i send the file or better to post screenshots? As said i am working in Max 2012

i work on max 2009 but it should not be any problem

just send me a screenshots and what you problem is

Will send this evening. Problem tho would be basic grasp of how to. Want to get it down, then maybe i can start contributing when i have excess school money again. (MAX 2009 was $900 on amazon at last check). Again thank you very much.