Sign in to follow this  
don246

Question regarding Armchair Aces Redux

Hi I have installed the Armchair Aces Redux by Ojcar, my question is I no longer see the battles in no mans land with the tanks infact I do not see any tanks in any period of the war no mans land seems very quiet, some times I see troops avancing and armerd cars but they are not firing.

have also noticed some of the armed cars and guns and troops are under the terrain. Can anyone give me a setup for a period in time to see any tanks I have tried the army cooperation setting and all sorts of settings still no tanks.

How do I get the intence tank battles that are in the defauld install of FE2 please don't say delete the above campaign and just run the default FE2.

My Western front is very quiet.

Well, first of all, I think something is wrong in your terrain settings (in each terrain DATA.INI). You shouldn't have any object under the terrain. There should be a lot of ground units.

Secondly, if you are watching advancing tropos with no firing, they (or any air unit) has probably destroyed it's enemy unit. So, no target, no firing. Most ground battles were between infantry units in WWI, so you will no see much tanks until late 1917.

Thirdly, if you want ground battles, you should choose an historical battle (for example, Verdun map in February 1916). If there's not an offensive, ground tropos don't move, so no Army cooperation missions.

Still, the stock campaigns should work as usual, if you don't see ground units there, it's probably because the units are under the terrain...so wrong terrains settings (ask an expert for these)

Thanks for the reply Ojcar and thanks for the campaigns.

Do you think installing FE2 on another computer (laptop) and copying the terrain DATA INI from the new install to my original install may work ?

I don't know....Are you using Jan Tuma's tterrain or stock ones? If you are using Jan Tuma ones I can post here my files

Sorry I should have said it's Jan Tuma's terrain im using. I have just unziped the Jan_Tuma_FE_Tiles_v-1-0 zip and see there are two data files in each of the following folders wwiVerdun/ wwiCambrai/ Vogesen/ Flanders also a backup folder, should I just copy the two files into my install. Thanks for repy.

Thanks Ojar, have tried a lot of quick missions and pressing the F7 key I see nothing under the terrain your files were so diffrent to mine and one good thing is I get no flickering of the roofs on the buildings now.

Couple of shots the first the german hiding in the cemetery, and a forced landing in a F2B what made me smile was the rear gunner lay on his back to shoot up at the enermy plane.

Agreat sim made even better with your add-on campaign thanks again.

post-21673-0-45273200-1369076413_thumb.jpg

post-21673-0-41027200-1369076433_thumb.jpg