Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Wings Over Russia Project

Really interested in this natural evolution of the WWII flavors of TK's incredibly durable game. Is there a team doing this, or some way I can contribute. My pitiful technical skills limit me to putting landing lights on aircraft and other minimal manipulations of the text files, but I can research and do some flight testing. This is a whole avenue of undiscovered flight simulation for the gamers. The Soviets treated their air forces like airborne artillery and limited the strategic impact of their utility, but what a broad-based theater of WWII that has had little attention from the gamer community (with the very notable exception of Oleg's team with IL-2). Love to see what's out there!

DAT site has a full mod of this very topic. that said it is at that particular site, you're one of the old heads here so you know the drill.

it's also for Wo* 1stGens; it can be used in sf2,but expect multitudes of ini work to get the planes tweeked.

Very true. I have it and Wings over Africa cause i wanted the planes. But i ran out of the time i thought i had to bring em to Gen 2, and thst idea went down to a lower priority. Still they do work for smoke testing in Gen 2....... that is they will load in game and your comp won't catch on fire!!

Yeah, I brought the mod itself up to SF2 standard (folder structure, decals,etc.) but I haven't addressed things like the dual cockpit issue or anything like that. ADHD, I guess, I jump from one thing to another.

that's ok ...

I spent half the day updating all my PTO TBF/TBM to their latest lod; converting all MY skins to dds, correcting loadouts and avionics....what a mess!!!

the dual cockpit issue is the easiest of the fixes

[Fuselage]

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

(assuming it's in the right place to start with....)