Sign in to follow this  
Icarus999

Any one else notice this issue?

I have 2 installs of sf2na- one at the April 2012 patch and another at May 2013. I have noticed an issue with AI, AI fighter aircraft continue to fly on straight and level... often in formation, while they are under attack by enemy aircraft.

This reminds me of the 2006 patch level of the "wings over" series. The AI got much better in 2008 and was carried over to SF2, But now it seems to be messed up again.

Are you guys seeing this behavior... or is it just something going on in my installs?

This happens with every engagement - or just AI only ones?

Are the AI flyers at a high level?

are they bingo fuel?

tbh the AI almost always detect a missile launch at their six and break up when I fly

This happens with every engagement - or just AI only ones?

Are the AI flyers at a high level?

are they bingo fuel?

tbh the AI almost always detect a missile launch at their six and break up when I fly

My observations are from watching the AI flights fight other AI flights and also from watching how my AI squadron mates react to being locked up and attacked. Generally the attacking AI flights relentlessly pursue their targets, however the targeted flight most often remain in a loose weaving formation. Occasionally one of the targeted aircraft will loop back to cover the 6 of the formation, but this seems rare. Altitude does not seem to matter that much as I recall but i will look into it. The flights are fresh into the combat so it is doubtful that fuel is the issue.

I just flew a mission In SF2E at the 2010 patch level and the AI tried to kill everything that locked it up on radar.... big difference in game play.

Edited by Icarus999