MudWasp48

Any ships in this sim?

Just curious, loved sinking ships in IL2.

When I play as a British pilot for the RNAS, the lone wolf missions have a map that takes me over the channel. I flew part of it a few times, over range for fuel, and didn't see a darn thing. Since then I've been train hunting on lone wolf missions.

The waypoints in the Lone Wolf missions are kinda crazy, but you're not supposed to actually fly along them all. Basically, by moving forward and back between waypoints with the the W key and (is it shift W or control W?), you can warp wherever you want. If you're not warping, you have no need of the waypoints--just fly where you want to fly.

Yeah, I just fly where I want in lone wolf missions.

Are there any ships in the sim?

I was poking around in the CFSWWI OFF folder and I found a sub folder labeled ships

I've never seen a Ship in three Years of playing. I think they have been removed. I remember in old Phase 2 there were some Ships, but I'm really not sure.

Thanks Andy,

I searched some with the "radar" on to ships in a free flight with unlimited fuel. nNver saw any ships. Stayed on the coast from Calais to way, way north. Was going to visit that most north german airbase, but grew tired of the flight.

Do any german squads take a tranfer or leave up there? Can;t be much going on there.

Wish we had a sea plane too, no biggie.

Edited by MudWasp48

OFF's Order of Battle (OOB) mission planner doesn't use any ships, though I believe custom missions can and some do. May even be possible for OFFworld to eventually add ships to multiplayer missions.