I had a new computer built for me that will run most anything with all sliders maxed,and runs smooth as silk.

Ok I have run into the same problem as before and that's the weapons only(bombs ,rockets etc.) won't show.

The only way I can get certain bombs to show is not have a weapons file.I'am not good with the weapons editor and extract utility so I just have to be happy with what I have.

My main question is how do I get the crosses to show on the DFW C1? I've tried everything and can't get them to show.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you playing FE1 or FE2 ???

1. If you are playing FE2, DO NOT, repeat DO NOT use the Weapons Editor.  You must use the Weapons Mod folder method.

Using the Weapons Editor in FE2/SF2 creates lot and lots of problems, which is why you use the Weapons Mod folder method.

2. On my DFW CI, the crosses are already painted on the skins, so there are no cross decals used.

I'am sorry I realized I didn't provide enough info. I'am running FE1 with Windows 7 Home edition, also the DFW C1 is from Christian and is a variant of the DFWCV.I got it from here and I think it's the first DFW C1 listed in the Central Powers section.

I forgot to mention the first DFW C1 I installed had all insignia showing but the control surfaces wouldn't stay in one place ,they would droop and the rudder would only move to the left,all my other planes were fine, in this respect.

If I knew how I would make the DFWCV flyable.

Also this DFW C1 has inside the folder a tga file for an early Maltese cross and two more in the texture folder.

Sorry ,that was the first DFW C! with the drooping control surfaces the had the extra Iron Crosses.

Only thing is I have FE1 and still can't get the crosses to show on the DFWC1.I think it has something to do with the "early crosses tga in the main DWF folder. But thankyou for your reply.

Does it matter that the decals for the DFWCI are not in a decals "D" folder? Can the decals be read just from the main skin folder? The paths in the decals.ini show the decals are to be read directly from the skin folder and not a decals folder. Could that be the problem? I don't have FE1 anymore so I cant test it.

Wait a tick! The Decals.INI calls for a "D" folder for the decals but there isn't one in the download ( for the new Linen skin). You'll have to create a "D" folder in the main skin folders and put the .tga's in there. I think

Edited by quack74