Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

Gmax help. I think I am having a minor issue.

I have started playing around with Gmax and I think I am starting to get the hang of its basic features. One issue I have however is a visual effect whenever I click on anything in one of the windows.

Here I have created a cube and everything looks fine. 

post-56847-0-07062600-1377119649_thumb.jpg

Whenever I initiate any action inside any of the view windows they flash ether black or white and depending upon the action preformed the windows might stay that color until I use the mouse to initiate another action in the program. I can drag or rotate an object just fine for example but every time I start an action "flash".    

post-56847-0-35623400-1377119673_thumb.jpg

I also sometimes get distorted image copies of the Gmax program popping up when an action is initiated instead of just the blank windows. Same on and off behavior as above. 

post-56847-0-40732400-1377119698_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this and how to fix it? It is interfering in my attempts to learn the program.

My system is an i7 920 with 12GB of RAM and a GTX 760 displaying with 1920x1200 24 inch monitor.  

looks like video settings...check the viewport options (Right click in top left corner of viewport,got down to configure)...and see if z buffer is enabled if so turn i off...also try main config (toolbar...customize\prefs\viewports )for viewport...and driver settings for d3d try changing to opengl and restart and try that

havent used gmax in years so not rly 100% sure..

Edited by russouk2004