This going to sound like a really silly question but is there any reason you can't export the Aircraft, Ground objects, Effects, Terrains and campaigns/missions into a SF2 installation?

Edited by spiteful21

Nothing to stop you extracting it all and trying it out - AFAIK the FE engine has differences and has been kept a separate development from Thirdwires point of view - and Im sure others have tried in the past (I think the terrains are scaled differently from what I remember)

It will all transfer from FE2 to SF2, but the planes will not fly very well due to the differences in the way the game engine reads the FM's.  The second problem is SF2 time frame in by year, where FE2 is by month.

Edited by Panama Red

Oh well the whole FM issue pretty much kills that idea.........crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.b4aSfC0e_R.gif

What! - rewriting a few flight models is putting you off  :beach:

• Like 1

Since I have 172 different FE2 planes (just in the Western Front mod), I think that is a few to many to adapt to SF2, since SF2 is written for faster planes. :biggrin: