Stratos

Slewable radar cursors, are possible somehow?

Nothing will change If we don't move. That's for sure.

But what can WE do? Would CA semi-officially participate in this endeavor? Like creating restricted/hidden sub-forum for this purpose? Should we put a sticky asking if any body with coding/reverse engineering skill would volunteer their time? Would we even be able to find someone "with a will and with a way"?

Sure, SF fanbase IS smaller than let's say IL-2 1946, but still it's THOUSANDS of folks and there must some people able to do it.

The alternative is to setup a donation fund or something, and gather like a 50-100k USD, hire some, lets say, Russian coder with mad skillz who wouldn't mind copyright issues,  pay him/her/them and hope they won't runaway with the money...XD

Edited by SFP1Ace

And the silence is the witness to why we'll never get it done - hardly anyone gives a shit.

We can try at least. I doubt we can gather all that money (I'm sure TK will do it himself for 100.000 dollars), but we can try to get SOME money, about a feature list I'm trying it.

Maybe start from something simple? I mean what we were talking so far

-slewable e-o camera and ability to track any target

-slewable radar cursor

-properly collimated Huds

-... add other things here

I believe  these things in avionics area wouldn't be so complicated and money sucking, right?

• Like 1

Maybe start from something simple? I mean what we were talking so far

-slewable e-o camera and ability to track any target

-slewable radar cursor

-properly collimated Huds

-... add other things here

I believe  these things in avionics area wouldn't be so complicated and money sucking, right?

No idea. If we don't have hex editor expert in the community, we will need to hire one.

let's say the one feature all would agree on would be properly collimated HUDs, right?

one step at a time

anyone got contacted mrlracing guy?

anyone got contacted mrlracing guy?

I only have the SimHq clue, and he's not there anymore. The PM I sent is still unread so our chances are pretty slim.