Sign in to follow this  

Hi all i have a question for fx modders... how do i add a light sorce inside exhust.I have bmp i add to the exhust of most of my planes its bright flying away for sun and dark the other way.I think i need a shimmering light sorce to make it look right :biggrin:

hi ho silver

Dude you got me but that is a good idea.

Design an Emmtier and decrease Particle Lifetime and emmision rate so it stays inside the exhaust.. i played with this a while ago... :)

dont remember who.. but a bunch of people said that any lighting other than the after burner was unrealistic...

Edited by Digital-Overload

It's been about two years since I've seen it, but I remember a scene in Top Gun where two F-14s are flying away from the camera around dusk. Once they shut off the afterburner, their exhausts were completely dark.

Of course, I'm going by memory here and could be mistaken. Still don't know why I haven't grabbed up the DVD for cheap yet.

Guest Sony Tuckson

that's correct

on normal operation there is nothing to see but the last stage of the turbine, no flame, no light....

might look nice to add something , but it's not realistic.. ;)