I'm wondering if there is a way to model positive control when using nukes in this game. For example, a 15 or 20 minute delay before the bomb actually can be released.

Early nukes had nuclear material seperate from the bomb (a "capsule" stored in a "birdcage"). So, in aircraft like the B-29, B-50, B-36, etc. it was manually inserted (taking anywhere from five to 20 minutes). Later this was accomplished by electro-mechanical means (switch in cockpit).

In 1962, Permissive Action Link and the Human Reliability Program came about adding more control measures to nukes. The first PAL devices were mechanical locks, DCU panels, etc.

According to Alexander Zuyev the Soviets adapted a similar control system managed by the KGB. Zuyev states the KGB and GRU "interrogated" U.S. pilots captured in Vietnam regarding LABS toss and PAL; the pilots were subsequently "liquidated".

Yours, Mike

I'm wondering if there is a way to model positive control when using nukes in this game. For example, a 15 or 20 minute delay before the bomb actually can be released.

Early nukes had nuclear material seperate from the bomb (a "capsule" stored in a "birdcage"). So, in aircraft like the B-29, B-50, B-36, etc. it was manually inserted (taking anywhere from five to 20 minutes). Later this was accomplished by electro-mechanical means (switch in cockpit).

In 1962, Permissive Action Link and the Human Reliability Program came about adding more control measures to nukes. The first PAL devices were mechanical locks, DCU panels, etc.

According to Alexander Zuyev the Soviets adapted a similar control system managed by the KGB. Zuyev states the KGB and GRU "interrogated" U.S. pilots captured in Vietnam regarding LABS toss and PAL; the pilots were subsequently "liquidated".

Yours, Mike

No there isnt anyway to model it. But it would be cool. I know all about that having worked on ICBM's.

Nukes are the only way to multiple AA kills in an F-111, though. :wink:

Especially those ARH ones give high AA kill ratio

(WIP)

Especially those ARH ones give high AA kill ratio

(WIP)

I think that is about what it would of looked like too. Nice job.