Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer

Patch DLL Error - any suggestions?

Upon starting OFF for the first time in a while I got an OFFManager warning that told me an error had occurred initiating CFS3.

The message below read as follows:

Patch DLL Error: Game terminated prematurely

PatchMemorySync::Done: TerminateProcess() failed (5)

I have searched various sites and forums but couldn't find a definitive solution for this exact problem. 

I have tried my CFS3 discs in both available drives, and reconfiguring, but I still get the same message. It happens whether I try to load Quick Combat/Scenario or Campaign.  So I am now considering a full uninstall/reinstall.  Before I do, however, would anyone have any other possible solutions?

Upon starting OFF for the first time in a while I got an OFFManager warning that told me an error had occurred initiating CFS3.

The message below read as follows:

Patch DLL Error: Game terminated prematurely

PatchMemorySync::Done: TerminateProcess() failed (5)

I have searched various sites and forums but couldn't find a definitive solution for this exact problem. 

I have tried my CFS3 discs in both available drives, and reconfiguring, but I still get the same message. It happens whether I try to load Quick Combat/Scenario or Campaign.  So I am now considering a full uninstall/reinstall.  Before I do, however, would anyone have any other possible solutions?

Wayarer;

I know this may seem like a silly question, but have you made any Hardware/software changes recently? If so, consider that it may have had an impacet. If not, I can't offer any suggestions at this time. Sorry.

RJW, nothing is a silly question where I am concerned!

The fact is that there have probably been a number of software changes because it really has been quite a while since I ran OFF. (I couldn't help it ... the descriptions of WOFF kind of spoilt OFF for me ... and I kept thinking it was only going to be two weeks.) That's partly why I thought I would end up doing a fresh install anyway.

And ... you have reminded me that I need to buy a poppy from the tray at work.

Thanks,

Wayfarer.

Wayfarer, before you go through a total new installation, give the button in "Workshop" a try: "Reset CFS3".

Maybe it helps. If not, you can still re-install.

If it helps, it will only delete your pilots - but that is a minor point compared to a new install.

Thanks Olham.  I tried both the resets for good measure, but it still fails once I get past the 'go to field' point.  I think it's going to have to be the reistall and see what happens after that.

Okay - good luck! Best you read and follow the FAQs, to save you some nerves and time?

Okay - good luck! Best you read and follow the FAQs, to save you some nerves and time?

I certainly will, that's one habit I got into when I had some problems a while back.