Sign in to follow this  
Dej

More Digital 'Art'

Being as I'm away from home most of the week my OFF time is limited, if not non-existent. What I do manage to continue to do for pleasure though is create images using 3D modelling software - after the fashion of the 'Fateful Morn' series a while back that several of you were kind enough to praise.

Most images are for my own consumption, but I'm rather pleased with my latest and thought I'd share it - just for fun.

Two versions attached, one an experimental 'watercolour' version and the other my normal 'grainy blemish-hiding' treatment!

Historical inspiration: Werner Voss was credited with No. 18 Sqn. F.E. 2b #A5502 on 23rd May 1917. Whether Voss' machine was exactly as depicted here I haven't scrupulously checked - it's what I had and just too good a paint scheme to pass up.

Hope you like it...

EDIT: Modified per Olham's comment. I also moved one of the other Albatri and added a couple of distant Fees for more drama.

Hunters In The Sky III Watercolour 1680x1198 v0.2.jpg

Hunters In The Sky III Grain 1680x1198 v0.2.jpg

Edited by Dej

Correct sheme or not, those are good jobs done, Dej!

The effects both give the pictures interesting different touches.

One only thought: could you still change the light green on Voss' wing more towards a pale Brunswick (non-dynamic) green?

It's better in the lower, but that is still "too much spring green". If you use Photoshop it should be easy for you.

Edited by Olham

Hi Dej;

I concur with Olham on the shade of green. Must say I really like your work and particularly the ground scheme!! Cudos Sir!

That's some outstanding work, Dej. Good camera angle. What software do you use? I started with Strata in '94, then Carrara 'til 2000, then about six years of Animation Master,; now I've added Maya and 3dCOAT (a Russian-writ, voxel-based sculpting app.)

I have always yearned for a OFF calendar. I've watched the screenies section for a while now, squirreling away candidates. Is there any interest out there?

COMPOSITE_03.jpg

COMPOSITE_04.jpg

Edited by Hauksbee

Thanks everyone.

@Hauksbee

I've not got into any of the sculpting apps yet. I've a mind to try 3D-Coat or Z Brush but it'll have to wait until I have acquired a decent tablet. Meanwhile I use Cinema 4D almost exclusively, with Photoshop or Paintshop Pro for skinning and post-render editing.

Beautiful work Dej.  My personal preference is the 'grainy' one you've done though the second could easily pass as professionally rendered poster art.

Hauksbee, an OFF, (and soon WOFF), calendar is a great idea.