Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

patch... not to good for mp

I tried HL lastnight, and I got that oh so dreaded black screen of bullsh*t.

Comments, helpful words of advise, or just vent your frustrations. Thats what this post is for.

Cheers,

Jay

I had the same problem.

I uninstalled the game, using the custom option. I then chose to select all for each set of files.Then I removed the Strategy First folder from Program Files.

I did a fresh install and then patched the sucker.

After this was done I added the skins I wanted.

Now I have been succesful in hosting and joining multiplayer games.

Hope this helps you guys

<S>

actually,contrary to everyone else, I have more luck with MP WITH the patch than without it. Oh well. I guess I'm the only one though. One thing, don't try to chat in the team select or hangar screens, it'll freeze up.

Like Fast Eagle said, do a complete delete and reinstall of the game, then apply patch. I found that some folders were still left after delete, so I got rid of them too before reinstall. I backed up the my objects/aircraft folder with all my addon aircraft and skins on my desktop and after reinstall and patch job, overwrote the objects/aircraft folder with my original. Everything so far seems to work fine. Been able to connect to both Gamespy and Hyperlobby. Like Todd said, it works better with patch than without. I couldnt connect at all without patch. Also chatted in HL in the hangerscreen part with no probs. Havent tried the team select part though.